Cool WWII Plane Stuff

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
http://www.mission4today.com/index.php?name=ForumsPro&file=viewtopic&t=14428&finish=15&start=15

Makes you think when you see how young those boys were. Remember the Honor Flight when you have an urge to donate to something. Lots of the donations people give to the big name organizations go to the top dogs running them, Honor Flight does not. These guys and the ones that followed in all the wars we have fought is the reason we are a free country............more or less.

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Thanks for sharing.

A good friends father flew spitfires during the Battle of Britain, he was 16 at the time, when they found his true age he was discharged. Can you remember what you were doing at that age, I just got my drivers licence, was playing football and in year 11 at school.

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Mom and Dad were both WWII USMC veterans and proud of it. They were still constructing the Memorial when Dad passed, but we were able to take Mom on her very own Honor Flight to the Memorial and also the Women Marine Corps museum before she passed. It is a very moving experience to see the effect on these true American Heroes as they visit the site. As Dave said, please generously give to this worthy organization so that all WWII veterans might have the opportunity to visit our national capital and all the memorials. Not sure of the actual numbers but we are loosing an astonishing number of WWII, Korean and Vietnam Veterans each day, we need to thank them when you see them at the mall or WalMart, true American Heroes !! If you want to see the actual human costs of war, just visit a Veterans Admin Hospital or Soldiers Home ! That's why I am and volunteer there on a regular basis.

Bill