Corona Carbs

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
And done.
More serious question is when rebuilding one of these are you restricted to a certain style of Booster for any reason? I know there are half a dozen styles out there or more. There must be gains to be made if you use one style over another. I don't know how custom you can get in this application when Holley is pretty much unlimited due to aftermarket following.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
More serious question is when rebuilding one of these are you restricted to a certain style of Booster for any reason? I know there are half a dozen styles out there or more. There must be gains to be made if you use one style over another. I don't know how custom you can get in this application when Holley is pretty much unlimited due to aftermarket following.
I believe edelbrock does make a carb with an annular booster. Don’t know if it would adapt or not. I did see some turn the afb booster into an annular one but it didn’t look simple.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Edelbrocks AVS 2 carbs 500,650,and 800 have annnular boosters on the primary side of the carbs only.It would be interesting to see if they do swap :thinkout.You'd have to lean the primary side down some for street use but they are nice when you get them dialed in.

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I don’t think I would try them on my afb carbs. They don’t extend down into the bore like the originals and no secondary option. The originals could be bored out and inserts made but that’s a lot of work for a gain that could be there if it’s sized properly or maybe no gain. I’ll pass on that modification.......for now.