COVID 19

ROYALOAK62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Got my 1st dose yesterday of Moderna. The hardest part is all the paperwork, the shot was as easy snapping your fingers.
Everyday it seems their are new strains, African South American European and on and on.
Not sure what’s going on next or if the 2nd dose will cove the new strains or not, but for sure I’ll have something covered.
Hoping to have a few more years to see my grandson.

And a few more miles in my 62.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Wife and I are scheduled this Saturday for shot #2 (Moderna). Minor side effects on #1, nothing to be concerned about. I get to pick out anything I want to eat after getting any shot, so I'm going big :).

The first shot was simple, no apprehension, easy stick and go after 15 minutes of sitting in a chair (that was the hardest part).

TomK

JED

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I've had both shots - Moderna. First shot was no problem. The day after the 2nd shot, I couldn't lift my arm at all - some pain with no strength, plus the arm was swollen all the way down to my hand, was really sore at the injection point and I had a mild fever. The next day, still no ability to lift my arm. I couldn't get dressed using one arm or sleep on it - I had to sleep in my recliner. Third day, my wife called the emergency clinic and they said I needed to move it (difficult to do when I couldn't even lift my arm) or massage the upper arm at the injection point. My wife massaged the arm for a while and then I did it with my other arm for about 3 hours and it was really starting to loosen up. This was on a Saturday. On Monday, I went to the family doc and he said he thought it was caused by the way the nurse inserted the needle and not the vaccine itself. He thought she may have hit a nerve with the needle (she injected very high on my shoulder, unlike the first shot). It gradually got better over time, but it took almost 10 days before I got full use of my arm back again. Everything now is fine. Never had any other complications or issues. People have said that the 2nd shot of Moderna has some difficulties, but I haven't seen anything official about it.

My wife has had her first Pfiser shot and is scheduled to go back next week for the 2nd one. No issues with the first shot.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
I've had both shots - Moderna. First shot was no problem. The day after the 2nd shot, I couldn't lift my arm at all - some pain with no strength, plus the arm was swollen all the way down to my hand, was really sore at the injection point and I had a mild fever. The next day, still no ability to lift my arm. I couldn't get dressed using one arm or sleep on it - I had to sleep in my recliner. Third day, my wife called the emergency clinic and they said I needed to move it (difficult to do when I couldn't even lift my arm) or massage the upper arm at the injection point. My wife massaged the arm for a while and then I did it with my other arm for about 3 hours and it was really starting to loosen up. This was on a Saturday. On Monday, I went to the family doc and he said he thought it was caused by the way the nurse inserted the needle and not the vaccine itself. He thought she may have hit a nerve with the needle (she injected very high on my shoulder, unlike the first shot). It gradually got better over time, but it took almost 10 days before I got full use of my arm back again. Everything now is fine. Never had any other complications or issues. People have said that the 2nd shot of Moderna has some difficulties, but I haven't seen anything official about it.

My wife has had her first Pfiser shot and is scheduled to go back next week for the 2nd one. No issues with the first shot.

My niece had the exact same symptoms matter fact before she got her second injection they told her she might need help for two days she couldn’t physically dress her self

bobs409

Administrator
image-189.png

Toms63SSQB

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
I got my first shot (Pfizer) at the VA in Parma Ohio 2 weeks a go, i get the 2nd shot next week. Sore arm for a couple of days. The 2nd shot from what I hear can have several different side effects, none of them good.

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Some have had unpleasant side effects from the shots, but that is minor compared to what covid can leave you with. We both got covid mid November. I spent 4 days in the hospital. I have 3 months to go of taking Eliquis to keep the blood clots from coming back in my lungs. I still get winded easily, lost strength in my hands, my toes get cold at night. My wife's doctor told her we were both lucky to have gotten through it.
I would recommend getting the shots even if you have a little chicken blood.;)
2 of my friends died from covid.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 13
Tom: We sold my Mom's house in Parma just a few months ago. I was surprised to get three offers for more than the asking price :). That was one of my last ties to my place of birth :(. Kinda sad, all those memories... Hope to stop by when we head to Dragway 42 in the coming years.

Junky

Well Known Member
I have had both my Mederna vaccinations and no side effects at all. Wife left this morning to get her second shot of Physer, and had no ill effects of the first. The only one that I don't want to get because I had a bad effect once is the Tetanus. Caused me to start to dick up dirt, and I started to grow a mane and tail hairs.

chuckl

Well Known Member
The wifey and I had both shots (Moderna). No reaction at all to either shot.

I have had both my Mederna vaccinations and no side effects at all. Wife left this morning to get her second shot of Physer, and had no ill effects of the first. The only one that I don't want to get because I had a bad effect once is the Tetanus. Caused me to start to dick up dirt, and I started to grow a mane and tail hairs.

Yep, Tetanus is the worst for aches and pain, behind Rabies shots (16 injections in the gut). NOT fun! I got bit by a rabid fox, not the wife!

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Not sure if this affects others but when I get any injection and they inject the medicine in fast the area around the injection site is extremely painful this happened years ago the first time I called the doc the next day she said probably hit a nerve I said not a chance when a needle hits a nerve you about jump off the table I told the doc that the nurse had the needle in n out in 1 second doc says hummmm so now I always ask that they inject slowly

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Not sure if this affects others but when I get any injection and they inject the medicine in fast the area around the injection site is extremely painful this happened years ago the first time I called the doc the next day she said probably hit a nerve I said not a chance when a needle hits a nerve you about jump off the table I told the doc that the nurse had the needle in n out in 1 second doc says hummmm so now I always ask that they inject slowly
Wife ,retired Rn says she hasn't seen a correct way of giving shots on tv yet.More to it then slow injection.

61BUBBLE348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Here in OZ, they are starting to jab people,
The government has announced that doctors and pharmacies are not allowed to advertise what vaccine brand they are administering,

who do you sue when things go wrong, total free kick for big pharma.

tom-k

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I am 65--my wife is 64 so here in Michigan i can get the shot but my wife can't, thanks pedojoe