Cowl trim tag question?

Carl 1962

Well Known Member
Post a photo of the cowl tag because if this is a car built at Van Nuys CA, it has a meaning, but if this is a reproduction cowl tag it could be anything.

Real fine

Ok, I will as soon as i can get to the car. The car was built on the third week of June in Van Nuys CA. Very unlikely the tag is a reproduction since I bought the car in 1982, but who knows. Thanks for your reply.

Junky

Well Known Member
Ok, I will as soon as i can get to the car. The car was built on the third week of June in Van Nuys CA. Very unlikely the tag is a reproduction since I bought the car in 1982, but who knows. Thanks for your reply.

Back in 1962, when I was working in a body shop that repaired totalled cars, if the cowl was damaged, we would buy a cowl from another car, and weld it into the wreck. We never even gave a thought to transferring the data plate, or even the serial number for that matter. This was in NH, before they had titles, and no one cared if a car was rebuilt, it was more about the $$$$$$ to buy the car that they were interested in.

bobs409

Administrator
and the mileage.... Back then if it hit 100k, it was off to the junkyard! People seemed to think it would implode at 100k. Today we buy them with,,, who cares! :D