Crazy cat thread

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
That fish is a pink kissing gourami. If you have 2 of them, people think that they are always kissing, however, it isn't kissing that they are doing, it is actually sparring with each other. In my past life, I sold tropical fish.
I disagree, Junky.:rolleyes That fish is either a Oscar or a Severum.:clap I have owned many Cichlid's in my life, including African Cichlid's from Lake Malawi. At one time, we had 3 Oscar's at the same time.:doh They only ate Goldfish. They almost ate us, out of house and home. :eek1 My wife had many Gourami's, including Opaline and Kissing. You are right about them having a temper toward's each other. Now, we have 2 weather loaches, and a four line catfish. :appl

Junky

Well Known Member
It is really hard to tell, because there is no clear cut view of the mouth. You could be right. When I had my shop, we sold 5000 goldfish a week, so I know what you mean about eating you out of house and home. Between the feeder mice, rats, and goldfish, it went a long way to keeping the doors open. Today, I don't miss it now that I am retired.

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I use to buy those feeder mice / pinkies for my iguana's. Then I started raising the mice to feed them. Then I realized what a hassle and mess it was and I started buying the feeder mice again. One thing I have learned about pets, don't get into a fight with a Minah bird. You piss that bird off and they will screatch at you incessantly. And for God's sake, don't get two. :confused

bobs409

Administrator
Family photo.

56aca9792469ca4106db2810555072b9cfa3c608.jpg

Junky

Well Known Member
I use to buy those feeder mice / pinkies for my iguana's. Then I started raising the mice to feed them. Then I realized what a hassle and mess it was and I started buying the feeder mice again. One thing I have learned about pets, don't get into a fight with a Minah bird. You piss that bird off and they will screatch at you incessantly. And for God's sake, don't get two. :confused

If you put an open paper bag in their cage, that goes a long way to making them happy. When they want to sleep, they go into the paper bag.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5

Reminds me of winter time back in the 70's. I went over to see my buddy and they had this big mean St. Bernard that was chained to one of those big wooden spools that cable comes on so I was gonna take a ride on his snowmobile and he tells me I should be safe because the sled is out of the dogs reach so I start walking towards the sled and the dog is having a fit and he starts heading my way so I'm watching him and I'm thinking he's getting to Damn close I better start to run then the dog got to the end of his chain and the SOB started pulling the spool my buddy ran over and hit that dog right between his eyes and Damn near put his lights out. I'll tell ya if he hadn't done that that dog would have had me for lunch.

Mark