Crazy other critters thread.

Junkman 104

Well Seasoned Member
Screen-Shot-2020-05-19-at-9.31.16-AM.png

Junky

Well Known Member
Late last night a bear came up on our deck, and tore the bird feeder down, tossed the chairs around, and made such a ruckus I wasn't sure what was happening. Woke us up out of a sound sleep. Second night in a row this bear has come to visit. The first night he must have tripped over the chairs and ran off before getting the bird feeder. Guess the birds are going to go hungry till I get around to fixing the mangled feeder pole.

Junky

Well Known Member
This is the first time that I have seen a black cockatoo in captivity. They are native to Australia, but the government doesn't allow them to be exported, and I was told that they are a nuisance bird in Australia and that sometimes they poison the water holes to get rid of them. Don't know if this is true. The white ones can screech loudly if they want!

IMBVSUR?

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have had multiple parrot species and Mina birds, and I am familiar with lots of others, however I had never seen or heard of this bird.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I have a family of Groundhogs that is getting to large. I need to get a couple of live traps and start relocating them as soon as their babies can be separated from the parents.

Mark

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
We have a few families, in our yards. Next door, and down the back.:doh I came out the other morning, and came up on a large specimen.:eek1He caught me by surprise.:alarmed We stood there looking at each other, for a minute. He then gave me the finger:finger and strutted away.:rolleyes