Cricut Maker cutting machine

bobs409

Administrator
Just created a new item to sell. These are letters for 1969 & 1970 Chevy trucks and Blazers for the front grill. They fit into the recesses of OEM grills or can be put on repro grills that do not have the recesses such as the last pic. (pic courtesy of my wrecker!) :D

DSCN2080b.jpgletters2.jpg

I have all listed on ebay and sold 3 sets of tail gate letters so far. :ebay

Need to get to some junkyards so I can get some patterns from other year Chevy & GMC trucks. Not all had the grill letters but all did have letters for the tailgates!

bobs409

Administrator
Just had a brain storm for a new gimmick to sell. Old Chevy trucks had either painted hub caps like shown or stainless ones but both had the painted black area and yellow bowtie. (some years had a blue bowtie) These are roughly 69-mid 70's.

I have some of these caps and I'm going to see if I can make the black and yellow areas in vinyl. I don't see anything like that available in a quick net search. I know there are other years mostly older that had painted areas of hub caps so probably lots of prospects! Trying to paint these things always looks terrible unless your last name is Van Gogh! :D

cap.jpg

Dicey58

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I don't know you, Bob, but the way your mind works is awesome. You've posted a lot of cool stuff over the few years I've been on here. Your threads are always interesting. Respect.

bobs409

Administrator
Got the sample done. I just did a rush job on the cap preperation, has some defects but was dying to try the new decals out! :D

Took only a few minutes to install. (the spray bottle/napkin is used when installing so you can position them easier) Only bad thing is the large outer ring had to be cut in 2 pieces. I tried it in 1 piece but due to the contour of the cap, it would not lay flat. I even tried heating it with a hair dryer but no luck.

I'm a little worried however about selling these. I wonder if GM would come down on me? The bowtie part scares me. Maybe I'll have to sell them "incognito" or by word of mouth only... At least I can do my own caps, they can't stop me from that! :D

DSCN2188.jpgDSCN2189.jpg