CROSSRAM M/T 348 dual quad?

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
The thing with the M/T cross ram, is there is no common plenum from side to side.
So you have to treat this as two 4 cylinder engines.
The reversion is real bad on this intake, and it can take more carburetor than you would think because there is a lot of fuel in suspension above the carburetors when you are at WOT.

tenxal

Well Known Member
A local pal of mine was an intake collectin' fool....hung 'em up on his garage wall like pin up posters. An interesting one was a N.O.S Offy 348 four two bbl intake. There was an uncompleted project.....a 409 intake that had been cut and welded to adapt a 64-65 Corvette F.I. unit to it.

region rat

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
It would be interesting to see a small port and large port manifold side by side,the fact they did away with the bolt hole between the ports leaves the door open for the possibility of using the same casting for both and machining the port openings differently.As far as labeling it a 348 crossram it could very well have been aimed at the hydro cam 409's which used the same small port opening,back then a hop up job was commonly limited to a cam and induction swap with the really serious guys maybe pulling the heads for a port job.Besides it wasn't unheard of to fit crossram induction to a sub 400 cubic inch engine the mopar 383 being a good example and I believe they were even available on the 361's.Depending on the length of port separation they could provide a tremendous boost to midrange power which would be even more attractive on the smaller engines.I'm not that familiar with the configuration of the runners inside the M/T intakes so I don't know if this is the case just pointing it out as a possibility.
It looks like to adapt that small port to a large port would need some weld above the ports. The floors are the same, the roof is raised.
Yes it should work. Bob