Cruisen' today

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Went to the Sun City Cruisers cruise in Rising Sun MD today. John, (paintjohn) told me about it but couldn't make the show himself. What a great day! Sunny, Temperature in the mid 70s, great people, and last but not least. A bunch of 55 to 64 Chevys and a few "W" blocks in attendance as well.

Here's Al Lewis of Concordville PA with his 62 Super Sport, White with red interior and a 409/409 under the hood. Al's car must be close to a 1000 point car. Also, Al was "MR 409" at Cecil County Dragway in the early sixties when I classified cars there. :brow

AlLewis_2007_5.jpg

Al's Engine

AlLewis_2007_3.jpg

Bob Reynolds 60 Impala. Bob is from Elkton MD. This car takes home gold most everywhere it goes.

Reynolds_2007_2.jpg

Bob's 348

Reynolds_2007_4.jpg

I had a hard time tracking down the owner of this beautiful 62 Super Sport, he got there late and didn't have his name in the window, but I caught him just as he was getting ready to leave. The car belongs to Ed Bassett of Chadd's Ford PA. The car looks black in the picture but is a 914 Nassau Blue car.

EdBassett_2007_1.jpg

Ed's Engine, a 380/409

Bassett_2007_4.jpg

There was a ton of cool tri-five cars. None with "W"s in them though. Here are a couple of "cool" rides that caught my attention.

Here's 31 Coupe with a small block Chevy (I can't pass up a primered coupe with flames).

DSC_0014-1.jpg

A late 30s Chevy Pick up. I forgot to get the year and don't know these trucks at all well enough to guess the year. :dunno Someone who knows please chime in.

DSC_0016-1.jpg

oldskydog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Hey Dick.....None of the featured cars are RED. What's up with that?:roll
I guess as long as the engines are red that's all that matters.
Nice cars.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Cecil,
I tried to talk Al into swapping with me. After all, I'm a shy retiring kind of guy who would look more appropriate in a plain white wrapper. Al is more of the high profile type who would look good in a red car.

(couldn't convince him to trade with me though :roll )

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Good job on the pictures Dick!!!! Sorry to have missed that one(family day on Sunday this past week),Sun City Cruisers always put on a great show.Sure would have liked to see the Blue car.You are correct,all of the other cars are absolutely immaculent. Glad you had a good day,did Harold tag along as well? John