ctcown

ctcown

Hello! Guys I'am new just wanted to drop in and say hi. My name is Coleman Cown I live in monroe Ga. I have two Impala's a 63 & 64 the 63 is being built to drag race 482 with a set of Bob's heads is slowly going together as is the rest of the car. Look forward to talking to all of you guys and trying to help with anything I can.
Thanks Coleman Cown

Ronnie Russell

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Welcome coleman, Glad to have you on board. Fill us in on the 63. Trans and rear end ?? Sounds like it will be a real runner.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Welcome to the site. We can never get enough 409 powered drag cars here. :beerbang

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Hey Coleman, was just in your neck of the woods last week, place called Bogart outside Athens. Bought a car and drove it back to Ontario Canada. Been a while since I was in Southern US, still have great southern hospitality, and pulled pork BBQ! Lots of great info and help on this board enjoy:)

Kevin

ctcown

Thanks Guys the 63 has a 656 block .060 over eagle 4 crank eagle 6.385 rods Pro-gram 4-bolt conv. center three mains and the front main Bob's heads and a LW 690 style intake and a set of Hooker comp-plus headers for the time being. I still have a lot to do its a full body off resto that I'am doing myself I've been working on the running gear mostly before I start replacing the floor pans and brace's on the body the car is very straight with no rust or dents in the panels just floor rot. I'am planning on a manual:bow (jerico) is about the only thing that would stand up to the punnishment :doh or a g-force and a 9'in about 50-51'in in length so i can run a 10.5 tire. The car is a orig black with red interior 3 speed biscayne v8 out of Alabama I would like the car to be streetable enough to drive to some car show's but ran low 11's in the quarter. If Bob would hurry up with the :bowcastiron blocks I may build a 540 for it and put the 482 in the 64 impala