Dä Huäbär

Dä Huäbär

Well Known Member
Hello

i`m Kurt from Switzerland . since last spring i have my childhoddream in my garage , a 58 Impala Coupe . it`s frame off restored 20 years ago in Florida . unfortunately after a few hundert miles with the car here in Switzerland , the engine have a connecting rod bearing damage :confused . now the engine is in the workshop for rebuild and i hope , in spring i can drive it again .

greetings from Switzerland , Kurt

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-01-04 at 12.58.40.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-01-04 at 12.58.40.jpeg
    109.1 KB · Views: 42

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
If you've got to go thru one why not make it better? :dunno
I can't image opening up an engine for anything and not improving everything I can reach. Even if its to remain stock in appearance it is old engineering that can always use some modern touch for performance/reliability. Even just changing camshafts can make a world of difference but why not double that world with a better intake, springs, bigger valves, and better flowing exhaust. :D

R63ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Welcome Kurt,you have found the right site to talk about these old Chevys(a few of us are Pontiac junkies too).Thats a great pic of your car and the surrounding landscape.
Rick

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Welcome to the forum Kurt, I know you will get a lot of enjoyment here. This site has a lot of knowledgeable people on both X frame cars and W motors. Your 58 is beautiful, I have always liked 58's but they were never as plentiful as 62, 3, & 4's when I was growing up, please send more pictures!!! Going to Switzerland is on my bucket list as my grandfather came from there.