Dandy Dick Landy

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I do not have any details but I received an email this evening that Dick Landy passed away today.

We are starting to get to that age now where all of the names we recognize and admire from the early drag racing days, are leaving us.:cry :cry

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I do not have any details but I received an email this evening that Dick Landy passed away today.

We are starting to get to that age now where all of the names we recognize and admire from the early drag racing days, are leaving us.:cry :cry

Phil...I know what you are saying.. I get an empty feeling when I read of a significante person's death who I admired in "the day" He will be missed along with Strickler, Sox and the rest
Robert

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Doug Marion email

Here is an email Doug sent me last night.

"I have known Dick Landy for decades. For the past 13 years, my wife and Mrs. Landy (Jean) worked together at the Ronald Reagan Presidentil Library in Simi Valley, CA. I have been under the notion that Dick was in the process of selling his famous business and retiring to Simi Valley near where we live. He evidently fell not too long ago then somehow developed a kidney ailment. He was hospitalized when he passed away yesterday and his family was visiting him when he left this Earth.

Personally, Dick Landy and everyone in his family are genuine class. Dick left way before his time. He will be sorely missed."

Doug Marion

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
In Memory of Dick Landy

I found this one of Dick (lots of air):brow
Robert

Attachments

• scan0041.jpg
    scan0041.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 94

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I always Liked this one. Not a lot of air but the wheels are up and Dick's chompin' on his cigar and mugging for the photographer.
:clap

68dart426dragracehemidicklandy1.jpg

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Do you remember the push button transmission on Mopars. Well Dick Landy was the first one I ever saw at Pamona run it up to about 4000 and push the button to launch. I always waited to see a giant exsplosion.:eek: Roy