Dash covers

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Does anybody here have a dash cover for their truck that they really like?
The dash on the dually and Suburban look like they may have faded a little from being locked up tighter than a tick and in the 100 degree heat for 5 weeks while we were gone!! Probably should have done this sooner. Just looking for a carpeted cover that fits the contours of the dash to keep the sun off. There are hundreds on the internet but thought I'd check here to see if anybody has any recommendations first.
Thanks.

PAINTJOHN1

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Phil,why don't you just redye them.I just did My Mom's dash cover to get her car ready to sell.Turned out looking like a new dash.Any good parts store or paint store that sells automotive paint sells the Sem Dye.Its a water base paint,comes in a spray can and works great.Just scuff the dash litely with some 800 to 1000 grit sand paper,wipe it down to get the armourall off,tape up the dash and your in business.I usually use a heat gun to dry the dye quicker since its waterbase. John

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
John:
It's not so bad that it needs redyed. I just want a carpet like cover for the dash to keep the sun off the vinyl. Plus "things" I put on the dash won't slide around when I'm driving. Or parked!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Razorred

dash cover

i have sold and used several replacement covers from coverlay.com they are plastic and can be painted to match your color. they glue down on top of your existing dash and if you dont know what your looking at you can't tell its there.