Debut

fourspeed409

Well Known Member
Last weekend was the 1st time out for my 62 Biscayne. I have been working on it for the past 6 years waiting for this day. This was the first time I have even driven the car since owning it. The first pass was hard on the nerves, after that it was all fun. It only had street tires so traction was a major issue. First couple of passes where pretty slow. Swapped out the tires to BFG Comp T/As and managed a 13.21 in the 1/4. Was wheel hopping bad in 3rd but more air in the right air bag fixed that. With some traction it should pick up lots, MPH was 111 on the 13.21 pass.
Just has a 350 small block in it for now but I did reserve 409 as a car number for when I get the 409 done. New racecar is on the way so this one will probably get put on the back burner for now.

Shane
Picture 005.jpg

Picture 008.jpg

Picture 011.jpg

P1014291.jpg

fourspeed409

Well Known Member
Had lots of help from the family too. My boys Markus (5) on left and Richard (11) on the right and my wife behind the camera.
Picture 017.jpg

walkerheaders

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
looks real good man.
believe me i know how it feels to finaly drive the car after 5 or 6 years of building.
congrats.

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Shane, Congrats on the maiden vogue. Must have been great for the family as well with all of the time spent in the shop....:clap:clap:clap

impalamike.com

Supporting Member 1
Great work, and impressive time! Its even better that your boys are there participating!! :clap getting the next generation involved. It sounds corny and trite, but its true!

DonSSDD

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Excellent Shane, nice car. I'll have to look you up one of these days.

Don

fourspeed409

Well Known Member
Thanks for the kind words guys. Those boys really need a Jr. Dragster. They love having jobs to do at the track.
Drag racing for us is a social event. Where we race is a small airport track and it is like a big family there. I believe that getting kids involved in family sports and hobbies will help them stay off of the streets when they get older.

Shane