December 7, 1941 Never Forget

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
A couple weeks ago my wife and I went to the local library to listen to a WWII vet "Ralph Goldsticker" speak about his experience as a bombardier on a B17 the "Deuces Wlid". We as a country are so fortunate for what these brave men did for everyone back when they were very young, there's not many of them left anymore. Mr. Goldsticker did 35 missions over Germany and could tell you about every one of them, he is a remarkable man! I enjoyed listening to him so much I can't stop thinking about him. Here are a few pictures of Mr. Goldsticker proudly wearing his leather bomber jacket, this man is a real American Treasure!!!
IMG_4452.JPGIMG_4451.JPGIMG_4453.JPG

Last edited:

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
War is bad news. Nobody wants a war. Unfortunately, there are outside powers and principalities that don't understand that. We have to win wars. There is no choice. Having a track record of winning wars keeps future wars from happening. We never will know the wars we didn't fight because the enemy didn't dare start one with us. Pearl Harbor was such a scene whereupon a country attacked us and lost the war big time. The culture of many nations was that they wouldn't surrender unless they were practically annihilated. Surrender was the ultimate disgrace. They had to learn that. The really disgusting thing that happened in WW II was the round up and interning of productive law abiding and very decent American citizens, many of whom were born here and were leading productive lives.That was done for political reasons, pandering to a societal fear in order to gain political support. These internees were eventually released, returned to what was left of their lives, homes,busineses, and families and picked up the pieces and started over. I'll bet they never were stupid enough to vote for another democrat after that. The entire Manhattan Project demonstrated that we never want to have to do that again. It's to our nation's credit that we recognize that. One thing that it did was end the war in the Pacific. That war cost a million lives a month, and while 180,000 or so lives were lost in the use of the atom bomb, it saved lives in the long run. It would never be an easy decision to declare war, let alone a war that results in the use of a weapon like that, let's hope it never happens again. Any national leader who secretly sends a crazy middle eastern enemy millions of dollars of US currency and a portion of our uranium stockpile for some "peacetime use" is guilty of a high crime of unimaginable proportions. Something to think about.

Last edited: