Delco Moraine rebuilder

58impala

Well Known Member
Hi Guys,
Anybody that's tried to find parts for a 1958 Delco Moraine brake booster and master cylinder knows that's near impossible. Kanter's has parts for the master cylinder but then you have to deal with the pitting in the bore. I have located an outfit in Pinellas Park, FL a fellow by the name of Ed Strain who rebuilds these units with a warranty. The cost is $225 which includes the return shipping. He has a method of repairing the pits in the bore of the master cylinder.......he didn't indicate what that procedure was but it's not sleeving. He has the OEM rebuild kit for the booster but doesn't sell just the kit..............can't imagine why not! He said his turnaround time was a couple of days. Delivery to your door by UPS, ready to install. His phone number is 800 266-1623. If anyone knows anything negative about this guy, please let me know, otherwise I plan to remove my unit in a few days and send it to him. My master cylinder is leaking into the booster and coming out the other end. I'm sure the piston seal in the booster is destroyed because of the brake fluid.

58impala

Well Known Member
Fuel gauge sending unit

I hope someone can answer this question..........save me a ton of work. My fuel gauge when the tank is full reads about 5/8 full. I think the most likely culprit is the sending unit. Now I can tell you all I know about electricty in about two minutes but I do know the fuel sending unit is a resistance device and the resistance changes as the fuel level changes in the tank. Let's say the sending unit is a 300 Ohm device, is that 300 Ohms when the tank is full or empty? I'm thinking if it's 300 Ohms when full than I might just add a small resistor in the wire to the gauge, increasing the resistance the gauge sees and bring the gauge read up to the full mark. If this would work would the guage be linear from full to empty? Otherwise I'll have to drop the tank, remove the sending unit and bend the float arm. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

58impala

Well Known Member
So this is where it went!

I wanted to post the above question as a new thread but it wound up here. I started a new thread with the same question. Sorry, I became temporarily confused........must be my age. Seems to be happening a lot lately!

Impalaguru

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
You could also try www.whitepost.com. They restore brake cylinders. They did all the work on the 36 Buick we had at school and the brakes worked perfectly. Fast turn arround, too!
Ross