demise of a 61 SW 348

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
I finally got to visit the 61 SW down by the river(an old Neil Young song). The farmer whose dad had purchased the car new had it pulled up to higher ground so it could be seen without being in the weeds. I most reluctantly report that when they moved it the car came apart!!:eek: :eek: :eek: I had visions of besting Phil's 63 convertible pictures but the pieces were scooped up and put in a large salvage yard wire/steel container and you can only image the rest. All I can say is that it was a Parkwood with 348 and 3 speed. I do remember from a previous visit that it had the two control heater. R.I.P.:cry
Robert

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
Phil:
Thank you for your heartfelt concern for me and my family and dog at this time. But we should also add to the list our station wagon forum brothers who convinced me to embark on the perilous journey to get the car retrieved so that I could get the wheels,heater controls,firewall heater components and back window components. It is sad to think in this day and time that a Cat front end loader is tougher then a 61 Chevy that was located "down by the river"(there goes Neil Young again)
Robert

scotty t

Supporting Member 1
Phil:
Thank you for your heartfelt concern for me and my family and dog at this time. But we should also add to the list our station wagon forum brothers who convinced me to embark on the perilous journey to get the car retrieved so that I could get the wheels,heater controls,firewall heater components and back window components. It is sad to think in this day and time that a Cat front end loader is tougher then a 61 Chevy that was located "down by the river"(there goes Neil Young again)
Robert

down by the river, isn't that chris farley?

biscaynewagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
that is sad, Robert ! :takethat

Is there anything on it that salvage able ? :doh
Was it has a power rear window ?

Tic's60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Guess you going to have to go

"Dumpster Diving" to retrive those parts now :eek:

rstreet

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 17
that is sad, Robert ! :takethat

Is there anything on it that salvage able ? :doh
Was it has a power rear window ?

I'm sure something was salvagable when it was pulled out of the weeds and it broke up. The problem was they scooped the thing up with the Cat loader and put it in the wire salvage cage before I got there(had to work that day)
I don't remember what tail gate it had.. I should have gotten there before it was pulled up because several of you wagon owners had asked about it but procastination won
Robert.

biscaynewagon

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Thanks for the reply Robert, now I going to have a moment of silent .....

Another type of family hot rod just left us :cry

And the saga continues for ... parts :D :roll