Denny Ford getting some air at Norwalk

RCampbell

Well Known Member
One of the nicest guys in the world!!!!!
Wish he'd send me his final payment on that car so I can send him the title!!!!!!!

Yes...Phil sold the Biscayne to Denny. But there is more to the story. In the late 80s a friend...TL Jones..and myself had decided to build a race car. Tom knew of a really nice sedan that belonged to an older couple in Billings MO that would be a good candidate. We went to buy it...and yes the car had sold. No problem we just bought another car.

Fast forward a few years. We met Denny and swapped stories. He told of his connection to Phil and how his car had come from Billings,MO. It's a small world.

Phil..when Denny makes that last payment...forward it to Springfield...we had a deposit on the car!!! Russ

chevytaylor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
A very cool car!! The pic in the 2008 Fred Totten calendar is one of my favourites:beer:beerOn the wall in my garage.

Any suggestions on getting my Dad's 62 Impala to run well. 472 stroker, 690's ported, 2.25 and 1.75 with 1.75 rockers and .100 pushrods. 2x4 manifold port matched to heads with original afb carbs. We are thinking of going to walden or mcquillen intake to help get some more HP. 4-link set up with 33 inch tire and big gear, can't remember what size gear. It's not in the car yet. It is still on the stand. BTW, it was nice meeting all you guys and getting info on this rare breed of engine. Now we have some people that can help guide us.

jim_ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Any suggestions on getting my Dad's 62 Impala to run well. 472 stroker, 690's ported, 2.25 and 1.75 with 1.75 rockers and .100 pushrods. 2x4 manifold port matched to heads with original afb carbs. We are thinking of going to walden or mcquillen intake to help get some more HP. 4-link set up with 33 inch tire and big gear, can't remember what size gear. It's not in the car yet. It is still on the stand. BTW, it was nice meeting all you guys and getting info on this rare breed of engine. Now we have some people that can help guide us.

You might consider starting a new thread. There are plenty of guys on here that can give solid advice on making the car run quicker.
The intake you described works very well on a hot 476, but it won't make as much difference on a mild engine with a smaller cam and restrictive exhaust.
The ported heads and oversized valves suggests that your engine leans toward the hot end of the scale so I'm thinking you should pick up quite a bit of power with a new intake.

ok, great. Thanks for the advice and help with the question. Then we will head in that direction, thanks Jim. I loved chatting with you on your 511 Aluminum build, when i was in Bowling Green!