Dick MacKenzie

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Hi Everyone,

I’m Dick MacKenzie, I live in Bear Delaware. I bought my first Chevy, a 55 Belair, when I was 15 years old. I can’t begin to guess how many I’ve had since. Started working at Cecil County Dragway at the same time. Stayed there until Uncle decided I should join the military.

I currently have a red 1962 Super Sport 300/327, 4 speed car (see photo album) which I bought about eight years ago. Wanted an ’09 but got trumped on that one when it came time to buy it. That’s a whole story in itself. LOL!

My cousin, Jim, has a 62 Belair he races with NSCA. I help out. I’m the gopher and computer operator. I see a few of you also run with that series. I’ve talked with Gerry a number of times at the race track. It’s a great place to race, the people are first class!

What a GREAT site this is!! I can’t believe I didn’t find it sooner! I’m looking forward to getting to know everyone!

62rf.jpg

MRHP

Supporting Member 1
Welcome aboard. Glad you found us. Your car is beautiful! The 62 is my favorite too.

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Now I know!!!!!!!!!!

Dick, should see you this weekend at Martin, Michigan. I hope you are going. I've seen the 62, but didn't know any of you guys, so didn't interfere or interrupt. I'll look you up this time.

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
SS425HP said:
Dick, should see you this weekend at Martin, Michigan. I hope you are going. I've seen the 62, but didn't know any of you guys, so didn't interfere or interrupt. I'll look you up this time.

Fred,
We are leaving Delaware around noon tomorrow (old farts like us travel slow):) . I'm looking forward to seeing you in Martin.

RCE1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Great Looking car Dick!:bow

After seeing this photo...... I am seriously tempted to paint my car red.

Any additional interior and/or engine bay photos, that you could post, would be great!

Ron

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Leaving for Martin, MI

Talked to Denny Ford today. We are both leaving Friday AM. He has farther to go, so I might beat him there. Probably the only time I will beat him.:roll :roll :roll Oh well, you take what you can get !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dick MacKenzie

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
RCE1962 said:
Great Looking car Dick!:bow

After seeing this photo...... I am seriously tempted to paint my car red.

Any additional interior and/or engine bay photos, that you could post, would be great!

Ron

Thanks Ron,
I used a little photography trick with these pics. I used to be pretty heavy into photography. The car is just a driver, nothing special. It's an original 923 Roman Red car that was last painted in about 1989. When I took the picture above I used a polarizing filter. They cut reflected light and really make the colors much deeper. In fact I have a very similar picture that was taken a few weeks earlier for the insurance co. I didn't use the polarizer and it doesn't look nearly as good.

I'm leaving for the NSCA race in Martin MI in a couple hours but I'll get a couple interior shots up the beginning of next week. The engine compartment has never been detailed. Two weekends ago on the way home from a cruise the water pump took a poop. Naturally I got another. One thing lead to the next and engine compartment is now all apart (Eastwood has been sending 'under hood' paints to me every couple of days since :doh ). When we're done I'll get some shots of the engine up.

Again, thanks for the complement Ron.
:)

RCE1962

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Well Dick

You may consider the car as just a driver but its appears to be a good looking version of the "driver" just the same. Not alot of good 1962 Impalas around anymore, especially SS models, and even more rare in eastern Canada. I had to find one in Alabama and transport here. My first 62' SS (now gone) was imported from the US. I was the third owner at the time.

BTW on the topic of "Red"....if I was EVER to stray from the factory original colours I would seriously consider this....

I was visiting a car show in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada, and saw a beautiful red on red 1966 Chevy II. (Hamilton, Ontario owner). I mentioned to the owner that the red exterior was very impressive. He said it was NOT the factory colour.:eek: IMO and obviously his as well...it was a brighter and better colour and yet not-at-all radical. This colour was a trademark colour used by..................Porsche!!.......... called "Guard-Red". Since I'm not numbers matching etc. and if I go "red" THIS is what it will be boys. (When re-painted I'm sure the personal Joy factor will go up more than a few notches).

RCE1962

Ron