Did You See That!

dakota tom

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Drizzle it on like syrup on pancakes. Good thing they don't do their own engine builds. 55 chevy with no trans crossmember? didn't have one the day it left the factory!

Last edited:

4speedman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Those guys may be a little to young to work on 55s.I watched them make a big deal about that trans crossmember that 55s never had anyway and the car was doing ok without it.I guess it was alright to add it but that car will never be drag raced so what was the problem anyway.And that intake install,what can you say about that.As my wife tells me it is just tv don,t take it so serious.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Aaron is leaving the show. Saw it on the internet.....I haven'the watched that show for quite awile since I got velocity channel.....

Last edited:

W Head

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Those guys may be a little to young to work on 55s.I watched them make a big deal about that trans crossmember that 55s never had anyway and the car was doing ok without it.I guess it was alright to add it but that car will never be drag raced so what was the problem anyway.And that intake install,what can you say about that.As my wife tells me it is just tv don,t take it so serious.

Yes, but these TV BS shows put out so much bad info and the not knowing person belives this junk.:facepalm

W Head

59 Impala 409-2,4s

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
That's what I was getting at.....to show people that this is okay.....WTF!!!
And the car sold for 52,000.00...I am thinking the guy that bought it will sh$t when he sees this show.

Cayneman

Well Known Member
Ass Monkey is worthless as it depicts car enthusiasts as classless dumbasses. Grab assing around the shop and cussing every other word. Richard Rawlings is a Douche who's laughing all the way to the bank. Another show even worse is Counting Cars. What a bunch of weirdos. Anybody have any friends that look like the Count and Horny Mike?
FWIW, I was at the 2016 NHRA Hot Rod Reunion and for the first time met many members of the 348-409 group and never met such a group of classy car guys.

Gary

Geary Trussell

Well Known Member
I basically agree unfortunately a few of the "car shows" are too much about the people and not enough about the cars. There are exceptions to that in my opinion such as Fosse ( one talented hard working guy) and garage squad to name a few. I would still prefer to watch the bad car shows compared to network TV shows which are not very good in general. I watch more sports (college basketball, football, baseball) than anything.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
My work place fixed the Sonic Camero they built. There were a number of issues all over the car but the fit and finish is useable now. You just can't throw parts at a car and expect anything decent. We also get requests for making a tv show out of the business but they want to make a soap opera not real muscle cars. There are hundreds of real hot rod shops, walk in to anyone and enjoy the 40-60 year old (or older) classic cars in person. No tv needed.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
That's what I tell my wife she get's upset when somebody die's on her favorite show 's I tell her that they are still alive!!!:laugh4