Did you see this??

Carmine

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Hi everyone. A female college student who was from NJ and enrolled in a college in SC, was kidnapped and murdered in SC. It seems about 2AM one morning a few days ago, she called for a UBER ride to take her home. Someone showed up with a dark colored 4d sedan and she got directly in the back seat. There is video showing this. Drove off and later was murdered by this scum. The reason I post this, is that many of us might have daughters, granddaughters, nieces, cousins, friends who use these rides. You just can't be careful enough. This young lady was traveling by herself. A big no no. There's always safety in numbers. When you approach these cars, look for a UBER or now LYFT sticker in the front and rear windows. Don't put alot of faith in that though. They can be purchased on line. Approach the driver from his window before getting in. Ask him who he is here for name wise and where are they going. He should have this info. Don't volunteer anything. Everyone has an iphone. Take a pic of his license plate number. Preferably the front one if one is available. That way he can see what you're doing and it should hopefully discourage him from any criminal behavior. Send it immediately to family or friend. If he protest, find another way home and report him. I don't know how this works, but before closing your door, make sure the "childproof lock" is disengaged so that you can get out when you want. I think this poor girl was locked in and couldn't escape when she probably realized she wasn't being taken to where she wanted to go. I'm just passing this along and hoping we can learn from such a tragic event. Such a terrible thing for a family to lose a daughter. I pray it never happens to any of us or anyone else ever again, Carmine.

wristpin

Well Known Member
I advocate women carrying knives in an easy to grab position or place. Until some or alot of these animals are killed in seld-defense it will continue getting worse. Of course law enforcement advocates dont fight approach.

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Even those "yellow cabs" can be problematic.

I had a nephew who hailed a taxi in KC just after midnight after an evening of imbibing. He chose to not drive to avoid the inevitable.

The taxi must not have been a licensed fare, as the driver picked up a second man who entered the back of the cab and "rolled" my nephew depriving him of his wallet and cell phone. Left him on the side of the road in a not-so-good area in KC (Troost Avenue).

My kids do the Uber thing on weekends when they are out celebrating, seems to be the responsible thing to do assuming they vet the driver as noted. Easy thing to do.

TomK