Didn't we have.....

Junky

Well Known Member
At the Corvair conventions, they used to suck up gasoline with Electrolux vacuum cleaners, until they burst into flames. After doing this for many years, it stopped. I don't know if they ran out of vacuum cleaners or that someone figured out that it could be dangerous. Not all rednecks lived in the South.

wristpin

Well Known Member
At the Corvair conventions, they used to suck up gasoline with Electrolux vacuum cleaners, until they burst into flames. After doing this for many years, it stopped. I don't know if they ran out of vacuum cleaners or that someone figured out that it could be dangerous. Not all rednecks lived in the South.
Was that to show Corvair owners what to expect with their Corvairs?

Junkman 104

Well Seasoned Member
cb821e6cf0ceafaba1043e4c854b528616d6cffe2bdb0c6d2b9629728b5f158d.jpg

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
I had a 65 Corsa with a big bore kit,modified heads and a 2 bbl.carb in place of the one barrel that came on the 180 horse turbo charged engine.It had been previously owned by a NASA engineer here in town.What that thing would do to a 300 horse 327 in a Chevelle was a riot!:mock:crazy

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
My Brother-in-law had a 65 turbo Corsa he bought new. He raced his buddy in a 65 Impala had a 327 275 hp with a 4 spd. and he beat him almost up to a 1/8 mile but once the Impala got rolling he was able to get by him. Right after he got the Corsa he went down to Florida and the seal blew on the turbo all's I can say it was a good thing oil was cheap back then.:D

Mark