Diesel shortage incoming...

Shaark92

Well Known Member
Makes sense, I think.

when I heard about this deal yesterday, this article is what I got in a duck duck go search ...
IDK what to believe.
I know there's not a "real" shortage ... but I can see the democrats putting the screws to the industry/citizenry when they get booted next week ... they'll still have til Jan something (3rd?) to run it aground.
I think I'll go get my cans filled just in case.
I've installed an overhead gasoline tank for my 11 kw generator welder to run my well pump ... and the 3500 watt inverter we use on the camper for the fridge/freezers. I think my tank will service the generators for 3 months. I DO need to get me a 1500 gallon water tank to fill, though.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I have about 1200 lbs. of propane stored right now but that's not near enough! I think I have enough heating oil to get me to February or better. I just hope the RepubeiCan't's come out on top, but you never know because we are dealing with a professional election stealing crime syndicate here!

Mark

Shaark92

Well Known Member
It's interesting the story claims this doesn't affect gasoline ...

but what takes gasoline to the retail fuel stations?
it ain't gasoline.

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
It's interesting the story claims this doesn't affect gasoline ...

but what takes gasoline to the retail fuel stations?
it ain't gasoline.
It probably has more to due with about 45% of a barrel of crude is refined into gasoline and less that 30% into diesel fuel. Higher mileage cars using gas take less, more diesel pickups, heating fuel. And other things mentioned in the article. EV's are going to screw up that balance even more.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
It probably has more to due with about 45% of a barrel of crude is refined into gasoline and less that 30% into diesel fuel. Higher mileage cars using gas take less, more diesel pickups, heating fuel. And other things mentioned in the article. EV's are going to screw up that balance even more.

Diesel is a byproduct of making gasoline, there was a time that they didn't know what to do with diesel from the story I heard!

Mark

59K9

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
when I was a kid I always wondered why there was a huge black plume of smoke at Tampa international airport...I was told it was diesel and they were disposing of it...didn't make sense then and it sure as hell don't now...we're so screwed by this president and his cabal...

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I thought maybe this would come true.....not, just another piece of misinformation. No problems that I've heard of. Price here is 4.13

Last edited: