Difference between shooters & Jets on a 3x2

Russ348

Well Known Member
Need a little (lot) of help here. Without appearing stupid,:dunno can someone, fatride, explain what the difference is between the Shooters and Jets. Maybe a brief explanation of the function of each. Before I call Larry to find out the size of the shooters I would like a bit more knowledge. Thanks

Russ

SS425HP

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Shooters, nozzles, squirters???????????

That's what it is. The accelerator pump nozzles that squirt gas into the carb as you open the throttle plates. That's what keeps it from going lean as the throttle is opened. And when it goes lean, it backfires. I think that is what you are experiencing. Not enough fuel in the accelerator pump action.

The jets sit in the bottom of the fuel bowl. Different animal.

BTW, shooters must be a term used in northeastern Ohio, only. Only place I have ever heard the term. But you got to understand that those people live on the shore of Lake Erie. Sometimes, in the winter, they can't get out for weeks. I think there must be a lot of inbreeding up there:roll :roll :roll

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
SS425HP said:
BTW, shooters must be a term used in northeastern Ohio, only. Only place I have ever heard the term. :roll :roll :roll

Ding Dang !! Wezz got shooters out here !!!!

Only they are oysters in a shot glass !!!!!!:roll :cheers