Different wiper arms based on 1 or 2 speed?

bobs409

Administrator
Here's something new I just noticed. I was going through my mountain of parts stash for the 63 and noticed stamped on the arms is RH2SPD and LH 2SPD. Now I have the Hubbards catalog opened and see they have 2 listings for the 59-60: 14" arms for the 1 speed and 16" arms for the 2 speed. They don't break them up like this for the 63 or other years but there might have been a difference on them too.

I never knew this one. I also learned my blade holders are ANCO! Now I get to buy new blade holders, oh joy. :bang

4speedman

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I have been through the 1 speed vs 2 speed wiper arm choice.As Don Jacks says the correct thing can get out of hand.I have a 63 ss 409 that i have had since the 60s and i had it back, to i thought, about 95 percent correct after destroying most of the original parts back in the day while Drag Racing and these cars were just cars back then nobody thought about saving everything .Well i have been trying to improve on that with such things as a working, am radio,the original one working clock, working horns along with date coded alternator, distributor and t10 transmission.This last 5 percent has been a little expensive and it must be a personal thing because, as Don said no body but a very good show judge at a national type show will ever know the difference.

poison ivy

Well Known Member
keep in mind when these cars came down the line,if a parts bin was empty SOMETIMES not the wrong part, but other parts were put on the car. I bought a new 58 chevy that came with tinted vent windows only. Don't stop the line.

bobs409

Administrator
I'm only mentioning this as it seems odd to me so throwing it out for discussion. Why would a different length wiper arm be used based on a 1 or 2 speed motor? The windshield size is the same, why a shorter arm??? Am I the only one that see's that as a bit odd? :crazy

keep in mind when these cars came down the line,if a parts bin was empty SOMETIMES not the wrong part, but other parts were put on the car. I bought a new 58 chevy that came with tinted vent windows only. Don't stop the line.

That sounds like a bit of human error possibly. Who knows... :dunno