Disc brakes for my 62 409

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Your 3 5/8" back space is a bit of a problem for standard kits. 4" back space would make that wheel zero offset. I would say a zero offset disc brake kit is a must with those wheels. However any true zero offset disc kit brings the wheel much closer to the caliper face. You need to make certain those dazzlers have a recess behind the spokes for caliper face clearance. Diameter is seldom a problem. I do have one zero offset kit left.
Just a note, pretty much any 15" wheel will fit the disc you have now, the mounting surface is way forward of the caliper face which is also why they move the wheels outward from the drum location.
Post a picture of the back side of the dazzlers.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Yes you are right, on the back space.
I was doing the post from memory.

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
Here they are:
IMG_0103-002.JPGIMG_0108-002.JPGIMG_0109-002.JPG
The recess from the mounting surface to the back side of the spokes is 1 1/8 to 1 1/4 inches

I took 2 on the car with the current disc brakes
The 3rd picture shows the clearance to the current calipers (at least 1/4 inch)

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Those wheels will fit zero offset without an issue. Diameter is never a concern, it's the clearance to the caliper face, those have the back side of the spokes clearance as most all newer wheels do.
My zero offset is the way to go to keep that wheel in the stock location, with that back space hitting the fender lip could be a problem with kits that move outward. I have one available, if you want it now let me know I have quite a few people on ebay that are bugging me for a kit. I was going to save my last pair of hubs just in case but I have another one (hub) if I need it and can make up a final kit.
I'm spending money on other, better selling kits, for now, so hubs for this one have to wait for a few months which is why it's out of stock.