Disney

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
I remember as a little kid going to Disneyland when I was six or seven. It seemed like a good clean place for a family to go. We rode the train circling the place, good old 3 foot gauge restored steam locomotives and vintage wood cars, the submarines, the monorail, suggesting what the future may hold, the utopia, suggesting the nation's soon coming super highways and freeways, the place in the late '50's and early '60's seemed to anticipate a more modern world while glimpsing the past as well. Interestingly enough, it was totally secular with no mention of God. At first, that wasn't too obvious. As the years went on, it seemed that secular humanism came into being. It started with Mickey being the sorcerer's apprentice, then rather subtle little fortune tellers, witches, and stuff like that, done gently so as not to scare little kids, then in the early '70's, the hollywood gay element set up a gay night at disneyland. Hundreds of them showed up, danced together in the outdoor dance pavilions, openly kissed and showed affection, and otherwise offended the other park visitors who complained rather massively. Problem was, disneyland had no advance notice of it, it was not a special occasion they hosted, they came to work, opened the park, and they all showed up to surprise everybody.The gay population got militant about it, demanded special preferential treatment, and they seemed to get it on future occasions. Anybody who didn't want their small children seeing that kind of thing was denounced as some kind of bigot. Since then, it's gotten way more liberal and way more expensive. You can't believe what it costs to take a family of four or five to that place today. Probably over $1000-1500 for the day, it's very crowded, and the whole day will wear you out big time. We took our two there around 30 years ago, we were worn out by the time we could leave, and a few days later my wife and I got some kind of viral bronchitis and we were both sick for nearly a month.Crowds like that from all over can really spread the diseases. This was long before Covid, that must have been a real scene. I just can't see exposing yourself to all that both medically and politically just so you can have fun.

Last edited:

Greg Reimer

Well Known Member
More info--
Parking: regular size car-$35.00.
Admission:Ages 3 on up, $150.00 for one day per person,
No Senior Discount
Bottled Water, $2.50-3.50, Coke,$4.29, did not check what a decent lunch would cost, all prices plus tax,(remember what state you're in),
Who knows what souvenirs must cost, depends what you buy,

I see a family of four going through $1000.00. I guess the expense keeps the riff riff out, but isn't there a better place to spend that kind of cash? Do what you want, but I'd rather buy a pair of heads or something.

Last edited:

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Our Spectrum cable isn't letting us watch ESPN channels, because Disney is raising their rates. F*ck them both:finger

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Update! They settled their differences. :good Can't wait to see, how much our cable bill will increase.:thumbdownI guess, because we're sheeple, we will continue to "FEED THE PIG" :drop

• Wow
Reactions: 327