Distributor bushings needed

sp6t1348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
1111023 single point in a 63 409/425. Top bushing advance plate retainer land worn enough the retainer came off. If anyone has part numbers, source would be most helpful. These are bronze in an Iron housing.

Thanks,

Sean

sp6t1348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Thank you sir for that offer to make them. I managed to find a set from Corvette Central. They are on their way. I will measure them carefully against the old ones I took out. If they work, no problem, if not I will let you & Mr. Don know. Looked like the original top bushing may have been removed at some point and replaced, without a bushing driver. Only reason I say that is because it is mushroomed just enough that the retainer landing is out of shape and the retainer let go.

Merry Christmas,

Sean

sp6t1348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
Found them; Corvette Central. They have a small parts kit as well; felt washer, seal, etc... The upper bushing notched for a tach drive, but same overall length. Worked great with the new Mallory E Spark setup. Used an old shaft I cut length wise grooves in to ream the new bushings. It is nice to be able to repair something in the throwaway age we live in now.

sp6t1348

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
what caused wear?
A combination of old bushings; possibly original, maybe not. The upper bushing was "mushroomed" around the top; specifically where the retainer landing is. It was worn enough that the retainer dislodged and took out the pertronix conversion. I doubt I have 1000 miles on it since putting it back together. distributor shaft looked good, bushings not so much...55 years old too. Did her job!!

Last edited: