Don Fezell car Collection for sale at Mecum Auction Jan.

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
are you kidding me 4 Z Elevens in one collection........my personal favorite the green car......... I knew he had the three but I didn't know he had the black car......WOW

Phalen409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Certainly puts my little endeavor in perspective!!!!

What an awesome group or cars...................FEEDING FRENZY FOR SURE...:drama

63 dream'n

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 4
I met him one time at the super Chevy show where he was showing the strickler Jenkins z11 he was a very nice gentleman I hope that he's selling his collection on his terms and not as a result of a health condition.........I hope that he just got all the fulfilment from his collection that he needed and he'd like to see it move on......thanks Don for watching over and preserving some of Chevrolets greatest history

real61ss

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 8
I don't think that was all of his cars, I believe he may have sold some privately to other collectors. I've heard Rick Hendrick may have bought some.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
are you kidding me 4 Z Elevens in one collection........my personal favorite the green car......... I knew he had the three but I didn't know he had the black car......WOW
The black car from Ben Tirabassi. We stopped and saw that car at Ben's in 1995. DickieMac knows who the original owner is.

quik9r

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
The Black car is amazing ... Ben had three other 62s... one Aluminum front end car and a really nice 427 galaxy

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
We stopped by and stayed in Ben's motel on a trip in the summer of 1995. He had 2 62s and 2 63s. The 62s were a white Belair 2-dr hardtop and a red 62 Impala 2-door hardtop with a Curt Harvey stroker engine. Ben gave me a ride in that car. Not sure if the white Belair had a Z-11 top half or not. He had the black 63 Z-11 and a white 63 1/2 Ford Galaxie fast back that was a 425HP 427.

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Don has quite an amazing collection!! He has for years reached out and captured some of the finest muscle cars.

Given he has 4 Z-11's I'm not sure I would "flood" the market at an auction with as many as he has.

To maximize value, it's strange to sell that many at one time at one auction.,

The Strickler car will certainly do well, however others might not fair as well. Kind of like selling off a collection of Cobras, or A990 cars, or anything else in volume.

Now, if Dana Mecum has lined up sufficient buyers as he can, they have quite a selection to chose from.
I have been stalking a Thunderbolt with a Chevrolet tie and would like to talk the guy out of it. (I know that's being a traitor, but wait until you hear the story)

I wish Don the very best!!