Don Fezell car Collection for sale at Mecum Auction Jan.

sixstrings

Not sure but I do know there over at the garage loading that stuff up right now to be taken to Florida. P.S. I am going over to the garage tomorrow and I will find out about the engines for you and let you know...Thanks

Last edited:

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
I met Don at Kansas City at Phil's 2004 convention and remember all the Z-11's he brought to the convention ,
I was looking at my pictures of the cars a few weeks ago, something I won't forgot.

I have a question. Why is Don selling if anyone knows ?
Paul

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
So all the parts are out of my building and yesterday afternoon I started cleaning out my office. That's where all the memories are!!!!
Started on a pile and came across several copies of the KCI Expo News. This is a publication sent out to businesses to promote the Center. The first picture shows the article they wrote about the upcoming convention.
Then a couple of pictures were next!!! Shows Don's car hauler where it parked!! The last picture is the row of Z-11s inside. Don's 3 cars were first in line. I need to find a picture from the other end. It was Old Reliable, Alan Green Chevrolet Z-11, green Z-11 driven by Richard Shroeder, white 62 Belair with z-11 engine and aluminum front end owned by Jack Gibbs, Rusty Symmes just about ALL NOS 62 blue Belair, running chassis of Good Ole Mr. Wilson car owned by Hank Gabbert and Terry Prince Z-11 owned by Willie Smith. That makes 7 cars but I was thinking we had 8 total. If I find more info or pictures, I'll update.

donfezzel3.jpg donfezzel1.jpg donfezzel2.jpg donfezzel4.jpg

sixstrings

So all the parts are out of my building and yesterday afternoon I started cleaning out my office. That's where all the memories are!!!!
Started on a pile and came across several copies of the KCI Expo News. This is a publication sent out to businesses to promote the Center. The first picture shows the article they wrote about the upcoming convention.
Then a couple of pictures were next!!! Shows Don's car hauler where it parked!! The last picture is the row of Z-11s inside. Don's 3 cars were first in line. I need to find a picture from the other end. It was Old Reliable, Alan Green Chevrolet Z-11, green Z-11 driven by Richard Shroeder, white 62 Belair with z-11 engine and aluminum front end owned by Jack Gibbs, Rusty Symmes just about ALL NOS 62 blue Belair, running chassis of Good Ole Mr. Wilson car owned by Hank Gabbert and Terry Prince Z-11 owned by Willie Smith. That makes 7 cars but I was thinking we had 8 total. If I find more info or pictures, I'll update.

View attachment 48799 View attachment 48800 View attachment 48801 View attachment 48802

Phil, Don told me to tell you hello....

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
I can tell you Don has NO health problems.

That is excellent news!!! We all get up in years and sometimes like this...you never know.
Pat McGruder had a collection in Phoenix and run by Steve Banker called Factory Muscle. They had all the factory built muscle cars...all manufacturers. I believe it was a little over 100 cars. That collection sold about 12-13 years ago.