Don Nicholson had a GMC powered Chev.

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I'll try this again. Here are two pictures of Don with his 1950 Chevrolet with a 270 GMC engine bored to 302 cu. in. He had a 49 Ford transmission with Zephyr gears and an overdrive. 95 in the quarter and 125 at the dry lakes. Pretty good for 1951 :clap Roy The second picture of the engine was to big I have to edit it and try again.

Attachments

• 10_12_0.jpg
    10_12_0.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 175

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
95 was pretty quick. Nice looking car. He even installed the Olds 1 pc windshield.
I wonder what brand of pistons he had in that engine?:rolleyes:

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
He had McGurk pistons with a Howard cam. He had a Howard intake with 3 Stromberg 97's for induction. And you are really equipped with keen eyes because that is an Olds one piece windshield. I will try to work on getting the size of the picture of the engine down and post it.:) Roy

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
He had McGurk pistons with a Howard cam. He had a Howard intake with 3 Stromberg 97's for induction. And you are really equipped with keen eyes because that is an Olds one piece windshield. I will try to work on getting the size of the picture of the engine down and post it.:) Roy

No, I'm equiped with a good pair of glasses:brow

Thanks for the piston info, I'll be sure to add it to my list:roll

By the way do you know what year that picture was taken?

chevymusclecars

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Ok, I still don't get the sense of humor, I know that ignition man has more knowledge that you but you still continue to make fun of him when he isn't able to defend himself. The guy is an *** there is no question about that and I'm sure he knows that but is it necessary to stab him while he is down????

Bill

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Ok, I still don't get the sense of humor, I know that ignition man has more knowledge that you but you still continue to make fun of him when he isn't able to defend himself. The guy is an *** there is no question about that and I'm sure he knows that but is it necessary to stab him while he is down????

Bill

And I have more than you, but so what?
I'm trying to build a list, do you mind? Send your list to DQ and we'll see!

tripowerguy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I believe the picture was taken in 1951 or 1952. I got it out of California Bill's book on racing Chevrolet 6's and GMC 6's which was published in 1954. I knew Don in 1958 and he was a lot older than that picture. His daughter was about 6 in 1958, so he had been married for a few years by then. :) Roy

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3

Bill

1958 delivery said:
And I have more than you, but so what?
I'm trying to build a list, do you mind? Send your list to DQ and we'll see!

Who`s being the A**??
Maybe Dave is right to give you Sh*t !!:takethat

Keep me out of it buttface!!!:evil

DaveFoster

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
1958 delivery, did you have that delivery for sale at the Pomona swap meet today, there were a ton of 348 cars and parts for sale. I saw one just like the one in your avatar near the back for sale, had a 348 in it, asking 20,000 I think, should have wrote it down.

1958 delivery

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I could know more then you but then again it apears that you know everything !!

Looks like I`m on your radar,,, wanna race?

It's OK to drop this silly stuff DQ. It's very childish and boring. If you or any one else doesn't like the fact that I find it extremely hilarious about your bro's "piston list":roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll , well that's just tough. Some times we all have to live with things we don't like. Or you can continue to be rude and obscene. Makes no real difference to me.

dq409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
It's OK to drop this silly stuff DQ. It's very childish and boring. If you or any one else doesn't like the fact that I find it extremely hilarious about your bro's "piston list":roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :roll :, well that's just tough. Some times we all have to live with things we don't like. Or you can continue to be rude and obscene. Makes no real difference to me.

Ok,, so if I voice MY opinion it is very childish and boring but if you continue on with your vendetta it is not???:dunno

I just don`t want to be involved and I don`t think it is fair or nice to keep pounding on someone when they can`t respond but some how it just keeps coming up,,,