Don's gone Crazy Stroker, 1966 C-10

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hey hey boys!

Been making good progress on all the bits and wanted to share some pics..

The body prep is moving along and well keep getting it a little better each day till the shop is ready for it.. Spending lots of time on the "bits" so all the mocking up of the engine, tearing down to paint, and now ready for re-assembly.. Tomorrow is the gearbox, well use a camera on the gears to look around and kindly ask all "y-alls" advice on if its a runner or not. Its crusty on the inside of the bell,

Were gonna post another update right after this on what else we've been working on so we can add more pics....

By the way, heres our drop box for the healey. Its a ton more pics i add too daily so we remember how it all goes back together, ha!

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fgFs9gVka53zBC667


20200505_165120.jpg 20200505_165126.jpg 20200505_165134.jpg 20200505_170311.jpg 20200505_170250.jpg 20200506_104340.jpg 20200506_104351.jpg 20200506_104352.jpg
 

Attachments

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
More pics...
 

Attachments

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Hey hey, its a good day for a good day!

We did some more prep of "bits" for the engine and took a peak at the gearbox. The gearbox looked terrible on the outside, had some ugly sludge on the inside, but when we tried to shift through the gears, everything seemed to work perfect. There was NO teeth or metal shavings in the bottom of the case, we went through all the sludge with our fingers carefully but we did see one gear with a chip in 1 tooth.

To us, it looked like the one, again, no teeth in the case, so should we clean things and run it?

Heres a video of us moving the gears


20200507_134905.jpg 20200507_134919.jpg 20200507_135645.jpg 20200507_141202.jpg 20200507_141204.jpg 20200507_141208.jpg 20200507_141212.jpg 20200507_143525.jpg
 

Attachments

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Quick question friends!!

I went through the last of the engine bits that came back and found these! Ones the oil thrower so pulled the timing cover to be sure (ha, before I was told too) and saw it had one..

Question, this gasket ok to reuse with a bit of mega black?

20200509_084704.jpg 20200509_084657.jpg 20200509_085935.jpg
 

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I'm so dumb sometimes...

Look at this manual, notice the pic showing "A" tensioner? Look above at my last pics with the cover off, notice it missing?

I took off the cover again after I mega blacked it and noticed no hole to lock in a tensioner than read that manual about 1inch below the same dam pic and it said "later type engine sowing vibration damper"... ha

I guess this was a little early
 

Attachments

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Is your engine the early or late design? I don't see a hole for the attaching bolt for the guide that's missing from your pictures.The first design wouldn't have it,the second or "late"design would I think.It's British after all,so I could be wrong :dunno2.
 

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Is your engine the early or late design? I don't see a hole for the attaching bolt for the guide that's missing from your pictures.The first design wouldn't have it,the second or "late"design would I think.It's British after all,so I could be wrong :dunno2.
Geeze, i actually don't know, will do a bit of digging with the cast number and let you know what i find. Your absolutely right though, no hole for it and its the original plate...

Made a little more progress the engine before calling it a day.. Next step is getting the dizzy ready to install. For this, its actually number 6 on TDC compression before you drop it in. Once we do that, well gap the valves which the book calls for being done cold.

Were gonna have to also make a coil bracket so all ears on ideas... If you look in the very bottom photo of the red healey, the coil sits on an original generator. On this one, we upgraded and painted an alternator and want to try to fit it...

20200509_085935.jpg 20200509_100703.jpg 20200509_143317.jpg

Capture.JPG
 

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Well, I feel just flattened about not being able to post in a while, all the covid and crazy things happening, but i DID managed to the "Don's Gone Crazy Truck" upgraded to haul our bikes!!! Figured we'd have our hand at a video making it and share.. Hope its acceptable, HA!!

Jeanne and the kids say hello to y'all!!

 

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
I'd get a longer ramp and through bolt the tie downs. Beautiful scooter.
Yes, your totally right. I was going to use 1/2 inch sleeves in the wood and bolt through so no checking but didnt have exactly what I needed so went with the lags.. OMG though, hahahaha, what an ass kicker!! That bikes too light, so each time you get to the top, worried you wouldn't make it to the bottom, ha! Figured it was only right to show the real story....
 

plumcrazy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Thoroughly enjoyed the multiple loading attempts because of my own experiences. I was waiting for you to fire it up and banzai up the ramp under power!

HA!, thanks for the compliment and yea, so i didnt add that part, hahhahahaha... I did on the 4th try fire it up, got to the bottom with the foot clutch and thought "hey man, if you twitch, your toast" and calmly backed off and called in the troups! hahahahaha.... almost
 
Top