Door/Window seal and wind noise ??

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Okay, I know it's not going to be a quiet as Mamma's new car, but I get a lot of wind noise with the windows closed. I know that I should learn to drive with the windows down and my arm out like Brian, but Mamma can't tolerate the wind noise.

It looks like the door/window seal across the top maybe in the wrong position ? There is a change in the molding that looks like it should line up with the wing window (picture #1)

There is also an area that has different contours around the wing frame about half way ? I don't why why these contours are there, the wing frame is flat ?? (picture #2 and #3).

Hope you can see what I'm talking about in the pictures. :dunno Any thoughts or solutions are appreciated - Thanks

Bill

Attachments

• CIMG0200 (800x600) (2).jpg
    CIMG0200 (800x600) (2).jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 59
  • CIMG0197 (800x600).jpg
    CIMG0197 (800x600).jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 63
  • CIMG0198 (800x600).jpg
    CIMG0198 (800x600).jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 59

58 Guy

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Are both sides the same cause it looks like either the trim is out of alignment or someone damaged it maybe trying to break in?????

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Both sides are approximately in the same position. The trim is not damaged, that's how it came. I'm wondering if it is for another car, because I don't see a reason for it spliting into three grooves. The wing window frame it flat all the way around ? :dunno

Bill

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Bill, It is very hard to see what is going on in your pictures but it looks as if the weather stripping is pulled out.

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Bill, It is very hard to see what is going on in your pictures but it looks as if the weather stripping is pulled out.

Dan,

I know the pictures aren't what I hoped for, I'll try to get some more light on the subject and post some better ones. The weather strip is not pulled out or torn, and is installed in the proper location as far as I know. There is no reason for the extra grooves and conturns in that location. I'm wondering if I got the wrong parts from LGC, years ago ??

There is a guy here local that has a 61, I'll try to get a look at it also...

Still looking for the answer... :?