Drag Racer Question

dm62409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
I think most are running either the G-force or Jerico. Driveshaft? As long as you upgrade to something better than that stock 2-piece , it shouldn't make much difference if its 1 or 2 piece design. Inland empires 2- piece like Brian's (MRHP) is good. Personally I run a custom made 1- piece.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Can the Gforce be run with a bench seat & the original 4-speed hole in floor ?
Is it streetable ?

Yes I am running a bench seat, yes, and yes it is street able. You have to castarate the tunnel a little for the linkage. It's worth the change. Thanks Dan. I'm the a$$hole that sold Brian the T-10 that lasted 4 runs. I ran a beefed up t-10 for several years before taking out 1st gear at the line my first 409 run at Great Bend. Look at the beef of the gears in a T-10 compared to a g-force. I was told by one of the Longs at g-force they had never had a first gear failure....pay me now or pay me later. Is this for street, track, or both?

Last edited:

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
G101a here. Mid 10s and no issue though I did eventually upgrade to an 18 spline input because the 26 spline was just starting to twist a little. One piece shaft. I believe the g101a shares the same basic dimensions as a ST10. I 3rd the streetable part.

I hear a saginaw is good too :roll:laugh2:roll

61belairbubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Right now, I’ve only got a Muncie. I know it won’t hold up to abuse. Was thinking about the autogear with steel mid plate. Don’t really want to butcher my new floor.
I bought a Inland Empire 2-piece drive shaft. Don’t remember the O.D. Of the tubes, but they are HUGE. Not happy with the clearance on the X.
Car is not finished yet.

And, yes, my car will see the street & strip.

fourspeed409

Well Known Member
I run a drag race version of a Doug Nash 5 speed with a torsion bar in the counter shaft. It is an outdated transmission but it works flawlessly. I built a new mount for the Long pistol grip shifter that moves it forward. The shifter hole in the floor is only about 1/2” larger than the factory sized hole.
The driveshaft is a 2 piece Inland Empire with poly bearing and 1350 joints. I am very unhappy with the driveshaft, it shakes like a wet dog.
Best et so far is 11.18
Shane

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
That's what I've been told. I was also told Jerico is no longer making replacement parts but there are lots of parts still out there for the DR4.