Driver's Side, Rear Box Brace

bobs409

Administrator
That's, what I'm gonna do, James.:doh When this is done, the gas tank goes in next, and this baby comes down on the ground.:applHave to get it a NYS Inspection, before winter.:confused That's never fun.:dunno2

Don't you have antique tags? Here in PA, (of all places) no more inspections or yearly registration! I can't believe this state does that but let's keep it between us ok? If they get wind of another avenue of money, those antique tags will become wall art FAST!

If I had to pay for inspections and registrations on all my cars every year... :thud I also use classic car insurance from Hagerty which keeps costs down. (and full coverage w/ no deductibles!) :flag

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Ken: I am surprised, also.:doh I have, had 64's, in the past, that did have that crack. I think you're right Bob, it's a number of things. Jacking up the body, by the bumper is probably a culprit.:dunno James: I will be Burning a couple tires.:burnoutJim: Am I right, in assuming, if there's a different measurement, between the Body and Frame, some of the Forward Body Mount Rubbers, are getting tired?:dunno I appreciate, everyone's help.:bow I do have one more question. Since, I don't know much, about the original Box Brace, how was it welded on? Perimeter or Spot weld? Thanks again.:clap

skipxt4

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 18
Bob: I have a Vanity Plate, on my car.:appl :clap I don't think, that qualifies. :doh I will have to check, that out.

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Skip, if your using a new mount bushing with the box brace, you should really install all new mount bushings, if they haven't already been replaced. The box brace has four or five spot welds on the vertical trunk panel it butts up against and numerous spot weld on the box brace cover.