Drop off the 64 at the paint shop today

Brent Hall

Supporting Member 2
I had a small sit back. I found some doors from out west. You can see that the drivers door does not have the trim mounting holes. When they came in they were as the seller described rust free. But when the fenders came in from a different seller they were NOT as described. I waited three weeks for fenders that were in the same shape as the ones that already had. I did get lots of pics but you could not see the problems.

So I ordered a set of reproduction fenders from Hubbards. They actually fit good we had to massage them a little but they fit surprisingly well.

We put the front end back on this week to work out all of the lines. I will be taking back off later today so I can finish everything under the hood. Hope to have it all blocked out in a couple of weeks.

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Looking good!! Is the trunk lid from an Impala? I see an extra row of holes.:dunno

64ss409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
I was talking about the center row of holes.
The SS uses 3 trim pieces on the rear of the trunk and is drilled for only the upper and lower row of holes like on the quarters beside it. The center insert is held on by the upper and lower trim pieces. The Impala has a one piece trim and is drilled for only the center row of holes. Yours has all 3 rows. I had to replace my trunk lid 3 years ago and could only find an Impala lid. The body shop drilled the upper and lower rows and filled the center row. I drilled the holes for the SS emblem on the upper right after I got the car home.

Brent Hall

Supporting Member 2
I was talking about the center row of holes.
The SS uses 3 trim pieces on the rear of the trunk and is drilled for only the upper and lower row of holes like on the quarters beside it. The center insert is held on by the upper and lower trim pieces. The Impala has a one piece trim and is drilled for only the center row of holes. Yours has all 3 rows. I had to replace my trunk lid 3 years ago and could only find an Impala lid. The body shop drilled the upper and lower rows and filled the center row. I drilled the holes for the SS emblem on the upper right after I got the car home.

Ron
Good eye. I will be filling the hole before paint.