Dual Carb linkage and Fuel filter routing

Jayz63

Well Known Member
That engine also has the marine style fuel pump. I’m glad to see I’m not the only one using that style.

I have a 409 hydraulic lifters, stock dual point distributor and 2 1406 Edlebrock carbs, I have a question on which side of the carb for vacuum. I have been using the passenger side of the rear carb for years and no problems but I just had them rebuilt and was told that maybe I should be using the driver side vacuum. After looking at the edlebrock website, it shows that the pass side is for emission controlled vehicles and the driver side is for non emission controlled vehicles. Has anyone else ran into this? How are you hooked up?

pvs409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
My Edelbrock 1406 carbs on my 409 stroker motor have the vacuum hook up to the center port of 3 ports on on the front carb that does not have a choke. It was my understanding from a post showing what each of the 3 ports on the front of a Edelbrock 1406 carb was to be used for.
Paul

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
On the Eddie carbs there are 3 vacuum ports for vacuum on the front side of the carb.They are as follows;left side[throttle arm side]is manifold vacuum,middle[large one]is for pcv,right side is for ported vacuum.When did they make a factory dual point dist.that came with a vacuum advance unit on it?????????