Dumb ass question.

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Did a 63 Impala SS with a 409 (regardless of horsepower) have a 409 badge on the fenders? Some say yes and some say no. I am counting on the more learned to school me on this.

My 63 SS was born with a small block and not that I am a big fan of trying to make her something she is not she will have a 340+ HP date code correct 409 installed. And, to that effect I guess if she is going to have the motor she may as well display it on the outside for all to see. (Kind of like a boob job for an Impala)

BSL409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 6
Did a 63 Impala SS with a 409 (regardless of horsepower) have a 409 badge on the fenders? Some say yes and some say no. I am counting on the more learned to school me on this.

My 63 SS was born with a small block and not that I am a big fan of trying to make her something she is not she will have a 340+ HP date code correct 409 installed. And, to that effect I guess if she is going to have the motor she may as well display it on the outside for all to see. (Kind of like a boob job for an Impala)
I believe only the 409 Z11 did not have the 409 badge all others did 340hp 400hp 425hp

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7

Did you mean this is a question "for dumb asses? Oops, I didn't type fast enough.

Last edited:

tripower

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
No such thing as a dumb ass question just dumb ass answers I'm famous for...:doh

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3

You mean it's like a GOOD boob job for an Impala versus putting a later big block in which is the equivalent of a cheap/bad boob job.
(I feel that I'm okay to say that since I ran a big block in 2 of mine for years. No offense to anyone else with a later rat.)

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
You mean it's like a GOOD boob job for an Impala versus putting a later big block in which is the equivalent of a cheap/bad boob job.
(I feel that I'm okay to say that since I ran a big block in 2 of mine for years. No offense to anyone else with a later rat.)

Exactly!
Never been a big fan what I consider fads. Now we have the Pro Touring craze and everyone throwing an LT1 fuel injected motor in their '57 Chevy. (Remember the Pro Street craze and you couldn't drive it if there wasn't a blower or tunnel ram sticking out of the hood and it was tubbed?) So, before people start booing or throwing things I am NOT saying it is right or wrong, I am just saying that would not be my choice and we all like choices! I just like my cars to look correct to the period, our 67 Impala was
born with a 327 and three on the tree and it still retains the 327 badges on the fenders but sports a BBC and 400 Turbo transmission. 67 Fastback.JPG photo4 1.JPG

bobs409

Administrator
As a guy that doesn't take well with change, I don't do fads either. I still haven't bought a cell phone! :D I like my Chevy's close to how the general built em for the most part.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
put a grille guard on!!!!!
Phil , i take it you don't like grill guard's??? Don' t worry you won't offend me, i don't have one yet, but i got one spotted locally front bumper and guard , cheep, cheep , cheep!!!!! Don't know if i will use guard ,{ had my bumper's rechromed already} but i could make money on it!!!! Geez, now i'm thinking like you Phil!!!!!:D

Jeff Olson

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Grille guards are what you put on your pickup...........I'm from South Dakota. We call them bumper guards up north.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
As a guy that doesn't take well with change, I don't do fads either. I still haven't bought a cell phone! :D I like my Chevy's close to how the general built em for the most part.
Bob, you mean to tell me you are not going to put coon tail's on your dual antenna's , and wide whitewalls with 3 bar spinner hubcap's and fender skirt's on your 63!!!!!!!:crazy:crazy