Dumb Question #1

rsavage

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
My 409 only has an idiot light for oil pressure. I want to put an auxiliary gauge on. I do not see a tap on the rear of the block near the distributor that is found on small blocks. Where is there a viable pipe thread plug for an oil pressure gauge use? Am I blind? Thanks

Hoyt99

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
I had a difficult time getting a T to actually fit in that narrow space, they were physically too big to turn in order to tighten it. I suppose I could have run a line a short distance, then did the T. I had photos of one that I think Carmine did a long time ago, but it was like building a ship in a bottle - I could not get there from here. So for now, no idiot light.

I am pleased, and surprised that the oil pressure was well into the 60psi.

good luck rsavage!

Chip

rsavage

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
I pulled that 1/8" pipe plug but got to thinking it was probably just in the timing chain area that received splash. I put the plug back in without checking then as I wasn't too keen on having the tubing going along the intake.

rsavage

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 4
My iphone 11 takes too large of photos. Every time I try to download any to this site I get the message that it exceeds the level. Any tricks? I really don't want to have to resize every photo.

Don Jacks

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 3
Yes to make it "neat" looking,some creativity is going to be needed but there are times where it's better to do it this way just like running a bigger line makes for faster gauge response.

Jim Sullivan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
My iphone 11 takes too large of photos. Every time I try to download any to this site I get the message that it exceeds the level. Any tricks? I really don't want to have to resize every photo.
I started to have that problem and the original camera app on my phone wouldn't take small sized photos. So I downloaded a new camera app that takes smaller picture sizes. No problems since.

Last edited: