Durg's 65 SWB BBW Fleet build

Edwin

Well thanks for sharing...... I guess you are pretty expert in all this working... because as you opened every part of the truck.. thanks for sharing the photos.. I like it and please share more photos after you complete it.

Last edited:

Kdurgin

Well Known Member
I installed the new Fastburn 385 engine to continue with mock up. It comes with a 770 cfm Holley so I installed the chrome air cleaner that came with the engine and then put a stock black Chevy top on to see what it looked like too.

Does anyone know what I would need for a fitting to go into this style of power steering pump in the pressure port to convert to -6AN style fitting? Looks like an o-ring style female port. I am going to install -6 AN fittings in my power rack and make up some hoses.

Kdurgin

Well Known Member
Some small incremental progress on the truck. I am trying to get everything that needs to be fabricated involving welding on the frame and chassis, so I can blow this thing apart and paint the frame and start reassy. I finished up the front bracing to the radiator support on both sides and finished up my Frankensteinish/Porter Built cross member/driveshaft loop. I need to scope out if I need to weld on the small clips that hold the end of the brakelines or if they will just pass thru the frame, other than that I don't think I have any more fab work to do but guarantee there will be something else. Always seem to need to remove new paint somewhere to weld on a project.

Kdurgin

Well Known Member
More minor progress. Installed a removable bolt in battery box behind the cab. I will be able to install the box with the battery in the box and bolt in with four 3/8 bolts. I used Coleman 3/8 weld in nut serts so I don't have to mess with a wrench on the back side of the mounting fasteners. Top ones would have been a PITA to access once the bed is installed. Also cut out most of the last remaining areas of rust on the floor. Too bad the windshield gasket was allowed to leak for so long on this truck as it appears to be the source of most of the rust problems. The brace is fine so it will be a floor only patch like I did on the driver side. I also got my mufflers which I need to mount but I am waiting on some rubber insulator hanger mounts.

61belairbubbletop

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Just checked this out, for the1st time. Wow! First class workmanship! Love your truck!
Slammed early chevy trucks are very cool.

Kdurgin

Well Known Member
Started working on the exhaust. Ordered a couple inexpensive 2-1/2" Thrush oval chambered mufflers. Snaking exhaust out the back isn't as bad as I thought it would be. I will probably take it to a shop for the pipes that go from the header collectors back to the mufflers. They need to bump up over the tranny cross member and go through the rear cross member. I'm going to wait on running the final dumps until I get a rear bumper on and truck on the ground to see what it will look like.

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Kevin....................guys like you and Dan on your fabricating skills............I'm just in awe.:bow:bow:bow Beautiful job!!!!

Kdurgin

Well Known Member
The way this truck is going is about like my Impala, way more into it then I could ever sell it for. That forces me to keep them! That is why I build them exactly like I want, because I will have them for a long time. This truck may end up being my boys first vehicle. He just turned 11 so a few years to wait. Funny thing is, I have the 62 Impala SS, this 65 C-10 fleet and a 2011 Corvette Grand Sport. I used to have a stripped 2001 Honda Civic I used as a commuter to work and sold it with 177K on it. He has remarked several times that he wishes I never sold the Honda because he loved it! Kids........................:rolleyes

18htan

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Awesome... Keep us updated with lots of pics.

Can't wait to see this on the road.

Kdurgin

Well Known Member
Rolling chassis is all assembled including front and rear sway bars now. Obviously will set much lower when all together :)

Nuts

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 10
Wow, that is really really nice, can't wait to see it all together !!!!:beer