Kdurgin

Well Known Member
Some pix of my truck project:
65disassy6-29-12004.jpg

Disassy7-1-12069.jpg

Disassy7-1-12083.jpg

Kdurgin

Well Known Member
Truck chassis will go from around a 12" frame height to 6". It will have Ride Tech adjustible coilovers all around with a 4 link rear and full length panhard bar.

Kdurgin

Well Known Member
Thanks, I had the week off so I had some time to work on the truck. Progress won't be quite as fast in the future.

58 Apache

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
:bowGreat, great job Kevin. Next time I go to Kurt"s I'll have to drive the extra 45 miles to visit. Keep up the great work.

Kdurgin

Well Known Member
Thanks. I put the front coilovers in, checked out the panhard bar on the rearend, and set the rear coilovers in their mounts. I need to trim a gusset of the rear bridge mount to allow the coilovers to swing inboard slightly. I did a bunch of welding on the rear notches today and cut out the original frame section.
PBinstall8-19-12003.jpg

PBinstall8-19-12004.jpg

PBinstall8-19-12002.jpg

nomad59NZ

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Sweet as Kev, well done:beer. Who's is the front end and rear 4 bar set-up from:dunno. look forward to more updates. Gav

Kdurgin

Well Known Member
(Nathan) Porterbuilt- out of Apache Junction Arizona. He specializes in 60-72 Chevy/GMC trucks.

Kdurgin

Well Known Member
I have pretty much wrapped up the rear suspension now. Not shown, but I now have the frame side panhard bar mount tacked in so I can check it at my final ride height. I have installed weld in plates on the inside of the frame at the front 4 link area and another plate that bolts to it so I can install bracing from the center Porterbuilt crossmember similar to what Nate did on the coilover version he has posted on his site. It will all be removeable when done. I had to trim a bit of the upper coilover mounts to get the upper spring seat to clear, and modify my frame side panhard bar mount a little. The picture of the whole truck is really close to actual ride height which is just what I was looking for with this static drop suspension setup.
004-2.jpg

005-3.jpg

009.jpg

Kdurgin

Well Known Member
I set the bed back on this afternoon and scoped out the bed situation. Pretty sure I will raise the entire bed and stick with wood and strips. Looks like a 5-1/2" raise will do it. The 3rd cross sill back won't stay there as the trailing arms are nearly touching it.
004-3.jpg

004-3.jpg

002-2.jpg