Dyno Don Stories...Lets Hear Them

deluxe

Hello Guys, and Gals.
This is my first posting in a number of years. I forgot my password, and user name so had to create a new log in. Yeah, lucky my heads screwed on, LOL.
Im looking for people with stories relating to the career of Dyno Don Nicholson. With the blessing, and help of his daughter Cindy, among others, I'll be writing a book focusing upon Don's life and career. This is not my first book, having previous written "Grumpys Toys" with Bill Jenkins as well as a number of other titles.
Im hoping some of you here can chime in with stories that may be included.
Thanks everyone.
Doug

My email if you care to communicate that way...
jrstk@hotmail.com

deluxe

Thanks Jody. Ive reached out to Jon and am waiting to hear back. Dick, Im trying to find a number. I have a few emails out trying to reach him.

deluxe

I suggest you get ahold of Dick Estevez & Jon Kaase. They should be able to give you some great stories from the pro stock years.

Just wrapping up the Dyno book. The publisher, Cartech Books has given it a July 2018 release date. I spoke with Dick, among countless others and he was a great help. Kaase, not so much. After 6 months of trying, he failed to return any calls, from either myself or to the Nicholson's. This didnt seem surprise Don's family at all. Its a little disappointing but there were many people and sources to draw information from.
Chapter 2 of the book focuses on the years 1961-1963; the 409s, Z-11's and Chevy II's with plenty of eye candy.
Doug

wristpin

Well Known Member
Where can i buy a Grumpy book? If i buy it direct from you (if that's allowed) could i please have it autographed? I apologize if these questions are out of line. When should we expect a Dick Landy Book??

Phil Reed

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 10
Call Day Automotive in Independence. MO. Huey and Tony own the place. Don spent about 3 weeks with them 10-12 years ago. Tony did a lot of work on his car then. Be sure to ask Huey about Don's first phone call!!!!!!
816-461-7861. Tell them Phil Reed said to call.

deluxe

A head up guys, the Dyno book has been given a July release date by publisher Cartech Books. A little ways out yet but it is now available through online stores to pre-order. Here's an amazon link which shows the early cover lay-up...
https://www.amazon.com/Dyno-Don-Car...=sr_1_8?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1516375879&sr=1-8

There is a chapter dedicated to the period of 1961 through 1963 that includes history and new photos of the Impalas, Bel-Air and Chevy II's.
Thanks for your intrest.
Doug