Dyno Dons 1962 Bel Air... please help his daughter Cindy, retrieve it

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I agree but when the state troopers slap that sticker on your car setting along side the highway, you better that that car off the road. They claim that they have to notify whom ever the owner of the car is under "Abandoned Vehicles" rules but we all know the laws in place aren't always followed. Put it this way, the local "Crow Tow" had the contract for the Iowa State Patrol and lost it recently due to the number of complaints filed against them. Not sure how many millions that brought in per year but that contract is gone now. The system is messed up because if they really wanted to ensure people were getting their cars moved, they would simply call them the minute they find it and tell the person the clock has started. Getting a little off topic for this thread but Iowa has issues related to the power the law enforcement agencies have over property.

lennyjay

Well Known Member
When I bought my '62 from estate sale, the owner died, the state could not transfer until I produced a death cert. to get it in my name, had to be notarized...bla...bla..bla. So my local DOT license office suggested we file a lost title. Now the only thing with them giving you a new title is they do not want to be sued for giving a title if you stole the car, they are on the hook. I had to get a bond on the car, carry for 2-years and it was for the value of the car at the time. They looked on a chart and determined it was a classic, set it at 30K. Paid 300.00 for the bond, got a title, and plates. If you can make sure all things are good with the sale, as the states do not consider these cars as old Junkers anymore....in AZ.