Eagle Field Drags 2016

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
I expect this to be fun as usual. I also know Paul, Joel and some other West Coasters plan to be there.

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Will be leaving here Thursday morning & spending the night in Reno. Hopefully get in early afternoon on Friday. Save me spot for my motorhome & trailer. Thanks.

Joel

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Joel, we are going to try to save spaces as best we can. I don't really have anything to rope off a spot so we may have to set something up as soon as you or Paul arrive. All I know is we are hoping to get a little closer to the track and the starting line than we were last time.

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
It was a great time. I didn't take pics, Paul, so please do. There is a video up on Youtube as well, but it's pretty far away from the starting line. Those Oregonians or whatever they are always have a good time!

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
Which youtube video are you talking about? I have seen a couple of the ones Quartermile Productions did over the weekend.

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
Great pictures. I think I saw them when they went for the ride on the tracked vehicle. We were camped right across from where all the military vehicles were parked. I noticed the sign for the "Rides" and only saw it go out with a group once. Small world. Too bad your son didn't come over to our pits to say hi. We had 4 409's there plus a '62 bubble top with a 502 in it.

Paul

Last edited:

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Which youtube video are you talking about? I have seen a couple of the ones Quartermile Productions did over the weekend.

I looked at some of those but I will look to see if I missed anything. Grub's pictures do a good job of capturing the spirit of the event.

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
The next one:

City:Near Dos Palos
State:CA
Admission price is: depends on number of entries (3 separate events)
Starts: 10/01/16
Ends on: 10/02/16
Event website: http://www.eaglefielddrags.com
This event will feature: Swap Meet, Racing

Last edited:

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
So I went to Sacramento for a "tune-up" session, planning to try some different stuff. Had starter issues, so that part din't happen.

As background, '61 Belair, full interior, through the mufflers, bumpers, DOT tires, street legal and licensed. Needs paint lol. No electronics or line-lock stuff.

I'd print the actual tag but the printer evidently needed a ribbon or something.

.006 RT (accidental) 1.75 60' 11.88@ 114 for the only clean run. Going back to shop to check things out and decide what setup to run at Eagle Field. I think it was a bit rich, but ??.

I'm not an experienced drag racer, but I am having fun. I just drive up to the line and smash the gas pedal.

409newby

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 11
:bowI think you're cutting your self short Dave, you and your 61 are a match made in Heaven, love that car

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Pat, can't believe anybody reads this thread. When are we going to get together? We gotta at least go eat somewhere.

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
Those are some good times. Your 60' time of 1.75 on DOTs is exceptional. With slicks you will probably knock that down to 1.68 range which would put your ET down to 11.75. Your car is fast!
I don't really know why but my 60's are in the low 1.70s. I need an expert to help me with that. I will let you know what I run next Saturday.

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Thanks, Paul. Hope we can get it together next year. I feel like a meal at the Cookhouse!