Early birds at Great Lakes race

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Those pics were 9:30am. Waiting for the Jr. dragsters to wrap it up. Dan said they would get the track after Noon. I had to leave at 11:30. I'm on the pond tour on Sunday and will miss all the good stuff again. Hope somebody picks up the pics where I left off. Super Stocks were trickling in when I was leaving. Weather Sunday was suppose to be good, hard to tell around here.

blkblk63ss

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 5
Mike Schmitz, the one with purple pant"s???? He could almost pass as my brother in law!!!!! Too funny!!!!

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Just got home about an hour ago. "EVRYONE" bitch slapped the Fatride this weekend! Just couldn't put it together. Started to sort it out Sunday but took a fan belt out. Tried to replace it but someone else can tell you that story. Best run 11.90. Three tenths off my best. Could not hook up. No excuses, that's racing. Had a great time and got to talk to some friends face to face. Brian was hurting but impressed me with his resolve! Everyone was awesome. Lonnie as usual pulled the rabbit out of the hat. He and Scott are now some of my best friends. Thanks Dan. More later, I'm beat!

jbschneeweis

Well Known Member
Who won? As I was leaving I thought I heard Brian got the win, but maybe I was wrong.

My car was running great, constant 11.7's with best time 11.708, 113 MPH & 1.58 60 foot. Lonnie & I came up for round 2 after waiting in line over an hour. Both with 11.70 dial in, a great heads up race. I guess I was a little impatient & red lighted. Win went to Lonnie. Great going Lonnie. We need to do this matchup again sometime. Great time everyone, thanks.

I left my car, trailer & MH in Chicago with a friend. I am going to fly back towards the end of August & go to the World Series at Cordova & meet up with Charlie K. Anyone in the area come on down & race, should be a good time.

Paul I guess I won't make the race at Woodburn. Have a great time.

Joel

Garbageman

Supporting Member 1
It sounds like everyone had a great time. Problems with cars usually arise but that's racing.
Joel, your car is running better and hear on the West Coast you might be running 11.60's. Have fun at Cordova.

1961BelAir427

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
Glad everyone had fun and made it home safe. Ray......11.90's in a SUPER clean - full weight '60 Impala (more street car than racecar) is plenty impressive to me even if it's .3 off your best. :clap

Someone hurry up with the fan belt story.......it's passed my bed time. :poke

models916

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Hey Ray, how much in tolls on the way home? Less I hope. Skyway is way way overpriced. Parking meter in downtown Chicago is $8 and hour. You can swipe a credit card.

Last 60

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Glad everyone had fun and made it home safe. Ray......11.90's in a SUPER clean - full weight '60 Impala (more street car than racecar) is plenty impressive to me even if it's .3 off your best. :clap

Someone hurry up with the fan belt story.......it's passed my bed time. :poke
Although better told by Ray, I'll tell it as best I can: Ray rolled the belt on the Sunday morning time run. There was a swap meet in the Mopar car show area (I believe). Now Ray NEEDS a belt to be able to run. A guy has one in the correct size, but Ray goes into "Flea Market Mode". The guy wants 3 bucks, Ray offers a buck. Remember, Ray NEEDS this belt! Well, the dickering did not go Rays way, and he and the vendor did not part friends. First round of eliminations the old belt rolled off again during the burnout and the track personnel caught it. So that finished Rays day. Rays version was more exciting to listen to, but I believe that is the gist of it.

Lonnie