Early birds at Great Lakes race

Fathead Racing

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 7
Although better told by Ray, I'll tell it as best I can: Ray rolled the belt on the Sunday morning time run. There was a swap meet in the Mopar car show area (I believe). Now Ray NEEDS a belt to be able to run. A guy has one in the correct size, but Ray goes into "Flea Market Mode". The guy wants 3 bucks, Ray offers a buck. Remember, Ray NEEDS this belt! Well, the dickering did not go Rays way, and he and the vendor did not part friends. First round of eliminations the old belt rolled off again during the burnout and the track personnel caught it. So that finished Rays day. Rays version was more exciting to listen to, but I believe that is the gist of it.

Lonnie
Yup, not my best decision. On the tolls, avoided Chicago pick pockets like the plague, opted for the toll road through Indiana and Ohio. Leadership in Chicago gave the farm away and I'm not going to be held hostage and pay for thir mistakes.

Iowa 409 Guy

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
Although better told by Ray, I'll tell it as best I can: Ray rolled the belt on the Sunday morning time run. There was a swap meet in the Mopar car show area (I believe). Now Ray NEEDS a belt to be able to run. A guy has one in the correct size, but Ray goes into "Flea Market Mode". The guy wants 3 bucks, Ray offers a buck. Remember, Ray NEEDS this belt! Well, the dickering did not go Rays way, and he and the vendor did not part friends. First round of eliminations the old belt rolled off again during the burnout and the track personnel caught it. So that finished Rays day. Rays version was more exciting to listen to, but I believe that is the gist of it.

Lonnie

I might add that Ray went back to explain he was not Jewish, but the dude held a grudge and would not sell the belt at any price. What happened to dickering? Something like that anyhow. Someone offered to go buy the belt for Ray. Ray said it wouldn't work the dude knew the drill.....