Eddy heads?

303Radar

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Sara says I can have anything I can afford and I haven't won the lotto yet. If I really want something she normally says things like "Great, you get an engine part and I get a basement under our 1920's house". After I did some research it seems like a fair trade to me.:read With some planning and careful wording I have talked her into making our garage 4 times as big (2500 sqft') so we can "have a place to stay while the house is raised in the air". When what I really want is a huge shop with central air and heat with sleeping quarters, kitchen and bath. :D Beat that! We break ground in the spring.:winner
It isn't what you say, it's how you say it!

Tom Kochtanek

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 12
Randy:

You better get on that new construction build, once #2 arrives you'll find yourself VERY busy :).

Twenty years ago we did an addition to the house, took more than a year and a half while we lived in the other half... It kinda wears on you after a while, coming home to a construction site (more work after your day job)!!!

TomK

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I'm lucky. My wife and I already rebuilt a 1500sqft house from the studs up so this project will be more of the same type of work with a little more space to deal with. It's all in how you say it to get what you need and want.

oleblu72

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
Well its nice that your partner in crime helps you on these projects 64SS it keeps the riff raff down to a dull roar.

Mark

pnorb409

Didn’t the BWR heads outflow the eddys significantly when Bossman was working on the cnc program? Seems like I remember him posting numbers then and they smoked the eddys

Ishiftem

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Just remember peak flow number do not tell the whole story of whether a head will make more power. Flow benches give cfm Numbers at a steady lift, flow, and depression......your engine does not work that way. Two heads with the same cfm rating can make vastly different HP. Also you can’t make a comparison with out knowing the depression that was used or the bore size. Flow benches are also like dynos in that it may not always be possible to make comparisons between them. Small air leaks can show higher flow numbers than flow bench that is well maintained. Just food for thought.

BOSSMAN

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
So a few things. The BWR head has a hump in the floor and I was able to squeeze 25cfm over the Eddy head because of it. The downside IMO is using the correct intake manifold to take advantage of the airflow. A cross ram type manifold where the runner lays flatter to line up to the port would be optimal. The higher the runner angle the more it wants to hit a wall from what I see in that port floor. Now if someone has done back to back testing to prove theory right or wrong I'd like to see the info. The head is one thing but you have to look at the bigger picture of the entire intake tract. The intake manifold is just as critical to make the power. The downside to this platform is the narrow valley to get a decent runner length.

La Hot Rods

Well Seasoned Member
Supporting Member 15
I have ran a set done by Tony at Day Automotive that were run on there 63 at some time during it's hay days. :bow:bow:bow
Said thing is they need some work. :(
Got one more machinist to talk to yet in my neck of the woods.