Eddy

Eddy

Hi, I am brand new here, but old with my love for the Chevy 348. I have a long history of love of cars. I won't take up a lot of space with my stories here, but will share some that I think you will like after I get to know this site. I am 73 years old, spent 3 1/2 years in the Navy and liked it. I retired in 2014, worked 36 years in a paper mill, and another 12 years at Pfizer. After High School my first car was a 1951 Chevy 6 with the 3 speed manual. Next was a 1956 Chevy 4 door Belair with the cool sun visor, 265 power glide. Before my Navy days I bought a 1959 Chevy Impala sport coup, 348 with the awful Turbo glide. That 59 Chevy is a story in it' self, way too long to tell at this time, but one that I hope most here will like. After the Navy, the 59 Chevy was sold, and I bought a brand new 1968 AMC AMX with the 343 and automatic. I stored it winters here in Michigan, and bought a 1964 Chevy Impala with 283 for a winter car. In 1973 I wanted another AMC car to keep along with the AMX. I ordered a 1973 Javelin AMX with the 401, 4 speed transmission, functional cowl induction, ( most cowl induction systems came non functional ) A friend wanted to sell his 1969 SC Hurst Rambler and I bought it, stored it for a restoration in the future. Went back to Chevys after getting married. A 1979 Chevy Malibu Station Wagon for the wife. Next was a 1988 Chevy Celebrity Station Wagon again for the wife, a Chevy Astro Van. Now the wife drives a 2014 Ford Edge and I have my 2005 Chevy Malibu Maxx that I just love to pieces. I have always liked to build model cars and still do some in the winter. I have also like to build and fly gas powered model airplanes and belong to a club here. There are several other clubs here in Michigan and in the summer we hold meets here and go to some of the other clubs for their meets. I have a special needs son that lives with us and don't have the time to go to many Muscle car shows, but I try to go to at least a couple during the year. I am looking forward to reading some of the members stories here and sharing a few of mine that will hold your interest. Looks like a great site for the mighty 348 I will be back.

wristpin

Well Known Member
Welcome to the Madhouse fellow Squid. There's a few other servicemen here from the other branches as well...so type slow for them...welcome aboard!! We like pictures and stories so pull up a bucket and share!

bubpletop62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Welcome Eddy. I too, have had major interest in gas powered model airplanes, all free flight models. Broke national record at age 14 back in the early ‘60s. Got into Chevys in mid ‘60s and never looked back. Have a ‘62 Belair HT with a ‘64 409 Motor I am restoring in retirement yrs. This is the greatest forum ever. Read lots and input lots. Love to hear from your past experiences.

bubpletop62

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I haven’t flown RC for quite some time because I am restoring my ‘62 Belair HT during my retirement
Years. Thanks for the response. Never could understand why the needle valve was 1/4” from that
Whirling prop. Been touched a few times. Hope you are doing well. Thanks

63impalass409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
Yes fine now other than being super cautious now which is a good thing as I pass out easy at the site of blood!! Good thing I'm not a chick