Edelbrock Closing Torrance facility.

Blk61409

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 9
Anyone see the announcement by Edelbrock closing their Torrance office?

They have 270 employees there.

I have not heard if they are just downsizing to other locations or moving out of the state or saying someone come buy us.

409envy

Well Known Member
I would hazard to guess getting out of dodge as a result of the confiscatory taxes and suffocating regulations. Or could be down sizing but I don't believe that. Most of the aftermarket companies I have interacted with have seen a boom with COVID restrictions, I guess more guys have time and cash to work on their projects. I drive by Moroso headquarters every day on the way to work and they are always hiring welders and fabricators to keep up with demand.

However I do expect with the new administrations push to move away from ICE and eliminate fossil fuels this will be the first of many aftermarket performance companies to start a decline and eventually go belly up. Very sad times we live in.

dakota tom

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 2
The company has the same ownership since 2010 from what I read.
Their faster selling products have been copied and price cut by Chinese manufacturing.
Other products are low production rates and less profitable.
Hard to keep a company in operation under these conditions.

1964SuperStocker

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 3
I thought that they'd been sold a few years back.It really isn't too surprizing if you look at the way that their prices keep going up and many things out of stock.
Their most desirable intake they haven't made in a long time is the small port dual quad 348-409 intake. If they let people know they were going to make a run on them I would order 5 or more myself. Its the best small port intake and everyone with a small port that wants dual quads is asking for them but not going to ever happen.

boxerdog

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 5
They have 5 other facilities. I'd blast out of there like a rocket.

I wouldn't blame anyone who got out of California right now, particularly businesses. It is painful to sit here, more or less anchored, and watch it rot, knowing that you are helping to pay for this mess. You want to be an optimist, but it's a steady decline that probably won't get reversed in my lifetime. I can't speak for SoCal, I haven't been south of Bakersfield in a long time.

4onthefloor

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
I wouldn't blame anyone who got out of California right now, particularly businesses. It is painful to sit here, more or less anchored, and watch it rot, knowing that you are helping to pay for this mess. You want to be an optimist, but it's a steady decline that probably won't get reversed in my lifetime. I can't speak for SoCal, I haven't been south of Bakersfield in a long time.
Cross Illinois off the list of places to escape to. We may be worse off than Cali.
The company has the same ownership since 2010 from what I read.
Their faster selling products have been copied and price cut by Chinese manufacturing.
Other products are low production rates and less profitable.
Hard to keep a company in operation under these conditions.
Its unbelievable how we let Red China steal everything we have. Right on up to military items. When will we ever wake up and stop trading with them.

409gang

Well Known Member
Supporting Member 1
Cross Illinois off the list of places to escape to. We may be worse off than Cali.

Its unbelievable how we let Red China steal everything we have. Right on up to military items. When will we ever wake up and stop trading with them.
Sorry but Illinois was never on my list, I think its worse than California. At least California has the beach and mountains to look at, and oh' yea it has warm weather. If I ever move which I probably won't, it would only be to somewhere warmer than where Im at now. :poke