Edelbrock Head Valve Springs and Oil Pump for 409

hrlykngt

Well Known Member
Sharing some knowledge here.
As some of you know I picked up a set of Edelbrock heads awhile back, they are the 60819 Heads these heads have springs with seat pressure of 128lbs for flat tappet cam. That will not work with the Comp Hydraulic Roller I have with .560 lift.
Jack Gibbs has been helping me out with this one, he supplied my balanced stroker kit and some other parts.
Upon his recommendation I purchased the PAC 9700 Valve Springs, they are sold by Liberty link here: You may be able to source these somewhere else, you have to be a dealer to purchase directly from them even tho it offers you the option to purchase.
He uses these springs in his roller hydraulic cam builds on the Edelbrock heads and shoots for a seat pressure of 160lbs at the installed height of 1.900.

Also, he recommends and uses on all of his builds the Schumann SBCCP5/8 oil pump, he advises using the middle purple spring for 60-65 PSI Oil Pressure. .
Jegs carries them as their Jegs Brand Pump and has a great price on them right now: https://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/23501/10002/-1
They are basically a blueprinted version of the Melling M55 from what I understand.
Also, use the Melling IS-55A Oil Pump Drive Shaft.